It's Cold, Let's Time Warp to Martha's Vineyard in August

>> Wednesday, December 10, 2014

All of my New England friends are spitting out their coffee as they read me complaining about it being cold. It's not that cold here, but it's cold enough to where no one really goes to the park. I met a mom two weeks ago at the park, we were the only two there. She just moved here from Chicago and is also no stranger to playing outside in frigid temps, we decided we needed to hang out a lot. Indoor parenting is not my forte.

This weekend I plugged my real camera up for the first time in months and came across photos from our trip to Martha's Vineyard this past August. I have prayed this before and I will do it again, Dear Lord, when I day, may heaven look just like Martha's Vineyard. We've been there every summer since Remi was born and always stay in the same little cottage in Edgartown. I am kind of a creature of comfort and only like to be away from home for so long, but when I go to Martha's Vineyard, I want to stay forever. Well, forever if it were always August.

This year we rode bikes a lot. The boys were both big enough to be pulled in a trailer. And because I knew we were moving and I may not get back to the island for a long time, I decided I wanted to spend one morning documenting everything that makes my heart happy. The homes on Martha's Vineyard make my heart very happy. Here are some of my favorites.

Hot legs there is also my favorite.

And for laughs, our best attempt at a family photo.
Something else that makes me happy, and I have mentioned before, are sunsets in Menemsha. Everyone brings dinner to the beach and watches the sunset. We never miss it. 
This year we were lucky enough to have the Roses join us. This picture of our babies melts my heart.
And then...
Dying? I know, so am I. I think when he's 18 and old enough to date, this guy is going to be my ladies man.
 Our big boys are also buddies.
My boy, listening for the ocean, while sitting next to the ocean:)
It truly is heaven on earth.

Post a Comment

  © Blogger template Simple n' Sweet by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP