New Year . New House . New Baby!

>> Thursday, January 8, 2015

2015, I'm so excited about you.

After tons of groaning and feeling sorry for myself, we found a house in November that we closed on last month. We are homeowners! Again! Yikes! We are renovating a small portion of the house before we move in, so we are relishing the benefits of apartment living (on call emergency maintenance services) for just a few more months. This phase of renovation will include the kitchen, a downstairs bathroom, and a back area that we will use as a family room.  I realized last week that I am basically renovating a small apartment inside a larger house. I'm like an animal who has lived in a small cage for 6 years, I need to be eased into larger surroundings, lest I totally freak out. And then the rest of the house is going to have to sit empty for the next 10 years while we save money to furnish it:) I did buy a bouncy house for the formal living room. So unless bouncy houses are the new Chippendale armoire, don't be looking for us in the next issue of Elle Decor. But you can follow along on IG under the hashtag #asabberenovationstory

Here is a quick mockup I did of one of the kitchen walls when doing a materials study.
I keep telling Bryan that it's going to be like a modern Dowton Abby kitchen. He's like mmmkay, whatever.

And, in other exciting news...I'm 23 weeks pregnant with a GIRL! My boys call her Strawberry Mary. Remi actually started calling her that weeks before we knew it was a girl, which is kind of crazy. He says she has red hair and red fingernails. Last week he added red eyes, also kind of crazy. But no matter what she looks like, we are so excited to welcome her into our family in May. 


And, more exciting news, she won't have to sleep in a closet!

19 comments:

Mary January 8, 2015 at 5:38 PM  

I read your blog every time you post something but usually never comment. Lazy I guess. But my New Year's resolution is to start commenting.
Congrats on the new house & baby girl. How exciting! And I love Remi's choice for his new sister's name.

aimee jones January 8, 2015 at 8:12 PM  

I'm excited to follow along with your new adventures! Congrats on a baby girl! You have so many great girly memories ahead of you!

Jen @ RamblingRenovators January 8, 2015 at 8:58 PM  

But I loved that nursery in a closet!! Congratulations on the bebe on the way and the new house. Strawberry Mary is a lovely name!

theanatomyofdesign.com January 10, 2015 at 10:09 PM  

gorgeous mock-up...that is going to be stunning! and, congrats on the baby...a new kitchen and a baby...lots of fun for you this year!

Dina @ Honey + Fitz January 11, 2015 at 10:47 AM  

Nothing like piling on all those life changes at once! Congrats. A girl?!? How'd you do that? :) can't wait to follow along on this adventure.

Amy Ogles January 11, 2015 at 4:46 PM  

Awe, Congratulations! So excited for a baby girl and a new house. I'm sure you are so happy!

Sally January 12, 2015 at 11:16 AM  

So exciting! I would love to see photos of the exterior - how old is the house?

Sally January 12, 2015 at 11:17 AM  

So exciting! I would love to see photos of the exterior - how old is the house?

Sam January 12, 2015 at 2:26 PM  

Yah on the baby girl! Can't wait to see the renovation!

Addison Conroy January 28, 2015 at 4:18 AM  

Every man woman or child will be faced with the issue of boston web design. Until recently considered taboo amongst polite society, it is important to remember that ‘what goes up must come down.’ Crossing many cultural barriers it still draws remarks such as 'I wouldn't touch it with a barge pole' and 'I’d rather eat wasps' from global commercial enterprises, trapped by their infamous history. At the heart of the subject are a number of key factors. I plan to examine each of these factors in detail and asses their importance.

WanderingLili February 1, 2015 at 1:14 PM  

Yay! Yay! Yay! So very happy for yall and I love that you call her "Strawberry Mary"!

Also so glad ya;; found a house and are making it your HOME! This is such a fun part of life!

paula February 3, 2015 at 10:11 AM  

so excited for you! A girl!!! Whoop whoop! The kitchen looks dreamy. Modern Downton Abbey is exactly what I would LOVE to do in this old house. For now I will live with the broken tile. HA.

Anne {Almost Home} February 3, 2015 at 5:19 PM  

So excited to follow along!! Modern Downton Abbey…sounds so dreamy :) And hooray for baby girls!!!

Oliver Matthews February 12, 2015 at 4:14 PM  

Congratulations on the new house and the new baby! Looks like you have a lot to look forward to this year. I totally get why you can’t wait to begin the life together with incredible additions in it. Here’s to an exciting 2015!

Oliver Matthews @ Flower & Fendler

Lisa Wolfe April 10, 2015 at 5:23 AM  

Nice Baby girl. New House New Year Enjoy.

Willard Evans April 20, 2015 at 3:07 PM  

Congratulations on the new baby and the new house! Those are such wonderful blessings, and I’m very happy for you guys. Anyway, how are things coming along with the house? I haven’t got the chance to see if you have any update posts about it, but I hope things are doing great. Anyway, thanks for sharing this with us, Stephanie! All the best!


Willard Evans @ WOW Homes

paula May 18, 2015 at 2:08 AM  

Congratulations!
Oh I love that nursery closet.

New follower here. :)
Paula@One Serendra

Winfred Herrington July 21, 2015 at 10:37 AM  

Finally! That’s definitely an awesome way to start the New Year as new homeowners. New house means you are set to build a better future a few years ahead. Congratulations, Stephanie!

Winfred Herrington @ Sold Team

Post a Comment

  © Blogger template Simple n' Sweet by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP