Good Friends Make Great Clients

>> Friday, October 24, 2014

Probably not in every type of business, but as far as interior design goes, I think good friends make great clients. I'm not just talking about acquaintances or social friends (although those can make great clients too) GOOD friends. Like friends that you've confided in about how hard breastfeeding is or laughed with about how you still cannot jog without peeing your pants. Basically, good mama friends. I have had a couple of good mama friends become clients over the past couple of years and it has been the best. Jody Rose is one of those friends. This Sunday the Boston Globe Magazine featured a few spaces in Rose's home and my friend Marni did a great job telling the story of how two good friends can work together. You can read the full article HERE.

We originally shot this home this past summer and because Jody and I are friends and I have been toying with the idea of having my clients in a couple of shots for each project in my portfolio, I made her model for us.

Oh yes, have I not mentioned? She is also a super model. Little TJ and my Remi were born just a few weeks apart, so I love that he was able to slow down long enough to be in this shot. There was bribery involved. 

The Globe Magazine wanted to do something a bit more casual so they got this sweet shot with Channing, who is just a few weeks younger than Wells.

Love these kids, love this family. And as far as working with friends, I think if you're comfortable enough to share that you have mastitis for the third time, you're going to be just fine sharing that the crystal chandelier she loves is going to look like a bad Versailles knock off :)


All photos by Michael J. Lee who loves his job just as much as I do. And just to prove it, here is a shot we took to show Jody and TJ what we had in mind for their scene. Nailed it.


Post a Comment

  © Blogger template Simple n' Sweet by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP