SID 2013

>> Thursday, January 2, 2014

::January::
::March::
March also put my nesting mode into high gear and I decided baby #2 really needed his own room after all.
and converted half of our closet from this ^^^                                                                          to this^^^
::April::
I came back from maternity leave with several fun renovation projects on the boards
a few befores
::June::July::August:::
::October::



This year was such a fun year for me professionally. I had zero ambition to start my own business before moving to Boston. I moved here in June of 2009 after working for five years for two of the biggest firms in the southeast. I sent out over 60 resumes and had zero bites. After 3 very humbling months, I answered a listing for a six month contract position as a commercial designer for a corporate headquarters project in Cambridge and got the job. Aware from the beginning that this job had no future, my wheels were always turning about what I was going to do next. It was 6 months of hard work as our little temporary team of 7 planned, designed, and documented 40,000 sf of high end office space. Somewhere in between answering phones and setting up CAD standards I realized, hey, I'm doing this myself. I can do this by myself. My contract ended and I went on my way. With zero clients I went down to Government Center and registered my business. Two weeks later an architect from my contract position called to tell me that he and his family were moving to China and wanted to know if I would be interested in taking over a small commercial office project he had began with Harvard. It's been a slow rolling snowball ever since and everyday I am reminded that God's plans are bigger than mine. "For I know the plans I have for you,” declares the Lord, “plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future." Jeremiah 29:11

Thank you to all of my clients who have let this small potatoes designer from Tennessee loose on your homes, shops, and office spaces. It has been such a pleasure.

Cheers to 2014!

Post a Comment

  © Blogger template Simple n' Sweet by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP