Wooden Wing Back Chairs

>> Monday, December 16, 2013

I was at the design center a couple of weeks ago and spotted this wood wing back chair by Formations and thought it was awesome. It was surprisingly comfortable and I just loved the way the wood mimicked upholstery. So I started looking into similar styles and came across these.

This last one really sparked my interest because it is basically made up of flat planes, no special tools required. I have an ongoing project in Rochester and we had been looking for different ideas for foyer seating. It's a narrow, but formal space. We wanted something really unique. I drew a couple elevations and sent it to a local craftsman and Friday he sent me this-
I think he did a fantastic job. We are still deciding on stain/paint. But here are a couple of other phone pics from the space it will soon reside in. 
 Cannot wait to see it all come together!


Emily December 16, 2013 at 3:00 PM  

I love that formations chair as well. Saw it over a year ago in a design house down here and have wanted to use it every since. Great job on the bench! hope all is well!

Mc Milan December 18, 2013 at 1:17 AM  

That chair is so classy. If I were you, I will varnished it with a dark varnish. BTW, how much is that chair?

Works at real estate companies in the philippines

Varsha Hatkar January 9, 2014 at 7:19 AM  

Ohh my god :O i haven't see this ever. What a beautiful creation. love it. Thanks for sharing with us.


The Domesticated Wolf February 18, 2014 at 5:04 PM  

these kind of chairs are great. would love them in our next home!

Post a Comment

  © Blogger template Simple n' Sweet by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP