Wooden Wing Back Chairs

>> Monday, December 16, 2013


I was at the design center a couple of weeks ago and spotted this wood wing back chair by Formations and thought it was awesome. It was surprisingly comfortable and I just loved the way the wood mimicked upholstery. So I started looking into similar styles and came across these.

This last one really sparked my interest because it is basically made up of flat planes, no special tools required. I have an ongoing project in Rochester and we had been looking for different ideas for foyer seating. It's a narrow, but formal space. We wanted something really unique. I drew a couple elevations and sent it to a local craftsman and Friday he sent me this-
I think he did a fantastic job. We are still deciding on stain/paint. But here are a couple of other phone pics from the space it will soon reside in. 
 Cannot wait to see it all come together!

Post a Comment

  © Blogger template Simple n' Sweet by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP