The Nursery: Chapter 7 {hiding the junk}

>> Monday, March 7, 2011

If you remember from my first nursery post, our little guy's nursery is not a large room and it did not have a closet. Several months ago I showed you the DIY closet from the office side, well now I've finally hidden the mess from the nursery side.

Here was the before. {yikes! I know}
And here is the after
The ceiling track was $10 from Home Depot and the panels were $30 from Ikea. I added 1.5" navy blue grosgrain ribbon to the top and bottom. The shelf to the right was another DIY that I will post once I get it all nice and styled. AND I finally got my glider. I love it. It is the Rena Glider by Best Chair. I chose the Grade A Ecru fabric and had it organically stain treated. It's skirted so you cannot see the glider parts, which I love. The grand total was $540 and I think it's going to be worth every penny.

After looking at my draped wall I decided it still needed a little something.
So I purchased 3 yards of this Robert Kaufman fabric.
And I am going to add these guys via applique...
I photoshoped it first to make sure I would like it and I think I do. By the way, as of this past Friday, I am the proud owner of CS5...super excited!

So that's where I am today. Hope you had a nice weekend!

Post a Comment

  © Blogger template Simple n' Sweet by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP