A Lady in the Street....

>> Tuesday, March 8, 2011

The title has a story. I have become quite the storyteller lately. Probably part of becoming a mama.

Once upon a time one of my dear friends and I were at a party, it was a formal occasion. There was no printed dress code, but most people broke out their strappy, shiney, dancing clothes for this particular party. Well we ran into a friend that night who opted to go with a very conservation conservative (I hate spell check) look. Now I'm not one to pick out someone for dressing conservatively, I appreciate when women do not feel the need to advertise the goods, but again, there was dancing at this party, lots and lots of dancing. It was an annual event and if Mr. Sabbe and I did not leave in a full sweat, it was not a good year. So our friend's choice of a long sleeve cardigan and floor lenght skirt was just a bit suprising. So I, with my big mouth, made a comment about the conservativeness of this particular outfit choice {terrible, I know} And my dear friend, who never ever gossips, calmly turns to me and says "oh, you know, probably a lady in the street, but a freak in the bed." It still makes me laugh.

This house is actually what made me think of that story. See how conservative she is on the outside..
A bit more risque on the foyer.
And even more in the masterbath.
You would not even think this space would be in the house photographed above.
And a mid century mix in the living room...
Sidenote: I don't know if you can see it, but they obviously chose to remove the tv for the shoot. But why did they not stick something over the outlet? These are the things I notice in shelter magazines. I think it would have shown a nice solution for integrated flat panel tv stands. I personally would have left it.
I know there are many more examples of this lady in the street type architecture, especially in my neck of the woods where modern exterior architecture is quite rare. What do you think? Is it ok to be a lady in the street but a freak in the bed? Or should ladies just stick to being ladies?
images: Dwell

Post a Comment

  © Blogger template Simple n' Sweet by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP