Before and After: DIY Closet

>> Tuesday, December 14, 2010

So the one thing Boston brownstones do not come with is storage. We have two coat closets, period. Mine is in the living room and Mr. Sabbe uses the one in our bedroom. As a result, we have gotten really creative with storage since moving up here. Our bed is on cinder blocks, ala college dorm days. Our suitcases are full of out of season clothes. We keep golf clubs in the trunk of the car. And we constantly purge. The "second bedroom", which I use as an office, is very oddly shaped. It's kind of like the number 8, without the holes cut out. When we found out I was pregnant we decided we could make the second bedroom into two rooms, an office and a baby nursery. The best part, we were going to section off the middle into one large (for Boston) closet.  I went to Home Depot and had two rods cut to fit. I also purchased 2 ceiling mounted curtain tracks.

 Please ignore the shelf mess. That's another project for another day.
Also please ignore the fact that I did not iron the curtains before I hung them. I am hoping while I am away over the holidays the wrinkles will miraculously fall out.

While I was at it, I also made another fabric shade with some fun Ikea fabric.
The unfortunate looking back side of this closet is going to be a fantastic baby nursery in 3 short months, fingers crossed.

Also, on a random note, can you tell my camera is on the fritz? It's driving me nuts. The last two images are so yellow and dark, bleh. Did you know that expensive camera lenses go bad? I had no idea. Apparently mine is "worn out" according to the camera store guy. Mr. Sabbe and I went to play with some new, wider angle, fancy lenses last week. Hopefully I've been good this year.

Post a Comment

  © Blogger template Simple n' Sweet by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP