Fabric Shades

>> Tuesday, November 9, 2010

Phase 1
Jenny's fabric shade tutorial has been on my list for months. I actually bought the fabric and ribbon in August. This past Sunday I finally decided to give it a go and I'm pretty pleased with the results. Look at it's ugly neighbor to the right. I've got 5 more to go....

Cost per window
1 yard of fabric- $2.98
mini blinds from Target- $3.99

50 yard spool of 1-1/2"black grosgrain ribbon (for all windows) $10.15

 A roman shade for less than two pumpkin spice lattes, not bad!

Also, thanks HGTV for interviewing me on my tips for a seasonal home. You can view the article here. I'm #6.


Design Esquire November 9, 2010 at 10:25 AM  

WOW! They look fantastic. And the price is right.

Kate {domestikatedlife} November 9, 2010 at 10:28 AM  

those look great! And what a nice view :)

Belly November 9, 2010 at 10:38 AM  

I've been meaning to do these for ages. It looks great, and might actually jump start my motivation again.

ALN November 9, 2010 at 10:44 AM  

I am going to do this on Saturday! Looks fantastic!

Jenny at LGN November 9, 2010 at 11:41 PM  

Yay! These look amazing, Stephanie! Thanks for the email and the link. I love the black border.

I hope you're feeling good! This is such an exciting time -soak it all up!


Rene November 10, 2010 at 6:55 AM  

You have given me the nudge. Had this bookmarked forever to do. Yours looks great!


Lili November 10, 2010 at 8:02 AM  

Ahhh!!! HGTV!!! You’re famous!!! Love the new window covers I know the other 5 are envious. =)

Naomi November 10, 2010 at 9:43 AM  

These look fantastic . . . are making these for clients part of the interior design services you offer, because I have a lot of sad looking naked windows . . .

Sarah Howe November 10, 2010 at 9:44 AM  

My home is that green color!!!!! Beautiful shade!


LindsB November 12, 2010 at 10:13 AM  

I love it! What a big difference, they look perfect in your windows! I cant wait to come over and see them in person :)

MyLittleHappyPlace November 12, 2010 at 5:50 PM  

Love the shade, and certainly can't go wrong with the price!
I'm sorry I missed your announcement that your expecting - Congratulations, that is Wonderful news!

Brooke @ Blueprint Bliss December 14, 2010 at 3:51 PM  

How did I miss this post? I love them. I want to make some for my house!

emily March 30, 2011 at 10:04 PM  

These look amazing! I have been considering making these -- glad to see how well they turned out!

Post a Comment

  © Blogger template Simple n' Sweet by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP