End Table Makeover

>> Monday, January 18, 2010

Here is the before shot of my $20 Craig's List find.

And here is the after.

Lots of lessons learned on this one. Biggest lesson...if there are oil paint roses on a piece of furniture, no amount of Kiehls is going to cover it up. Sand those puppies off first, then prime. I would also LOVE to replace the pulls, but the screw are stripped and we cannot get them off. Any ideas?

I painted it three different colors before I went with this celery. I like it with my pillows. I think if I told my sweet husband I had to go back to Home Depot one more time he might ban me from projects forever, again.


LindsB January 18, 2010 at 11:13 PM  

LOVE this!!! It just makes the the whole room look pulled together and beautiful. Well, it looked amazing before after but it looks perfect with this little table, love the color too!

Thanks for having us over, lets do it again soon!

Mrs B January 19, 2010 at 12:24 AM  

love this cabinet, the color is superb. as for your hardware problem, my husband remembers that once he used a drill bit larger than the post part of the screw but smaller than the head and drilled right down on top of the head of the screw to make it crack and break, then you can do the other side and pull the hardware off and replace it. I'd suggest putting the drawer in some sort of vice if you have one or having help keeping it secure so it doesn't rock on the hardware as you try to drill throught he screw head. Good Luck!!!

Rebecca January 19, 2010 at 4:25 AM  

It's gorgeous! Such an unusual colour and it looks great with your curtains.

I painted a bookcase white last summer. It was originally green, and it needed SIX coats of paint. Even now whenever I look at it I feel I can still see some green grinning through. Next time I'll opt for painting a darker shade!

Lauren January 19, 2010 at 8:49 AM  

I love it! Sounds like a lot of work..but it's just super!

Blueprint Bliss January 19, 2010 at 8:52 AM  

Stephanie- it looks great. I love some trash to treasure projects!!

Julie January 19, 2010 at 9:40 AM  

I love it! You are so talented!

carlee January 19, 2010 at 2:28 PM  

It's even more gorgeous in person. It's the perfect size too :) so good to see you last night...must do it again soon!

Susan Bang January 19, 2010 at 3:15 PM  

Your husband and my husband would get along so well. The minute I mention spray paint, he goes into a panic. hahaha I LOVE it!! Did you use spray paint or regular paint with a brush?

Emily January 19, 2010 at 9:30 PM  

You are SOOO crafty! I love seeing your work...it's really great.

So sorry I missed last night. I have been so busy I just want to cry. Hopefully things will ease up soon and I can join next time!

Stephanie Sabbe January 20, 2010 at 7:14 AM  

Mrs B, thanks for the tip! I am going to get my husband to give that a try this weekend.

Happy Girl*Lucky Fella January 20, 2010 at 3:11 PM  

Gorgeous! I love the curve of the legs. I'm getting ready to paint a little sewing cabinet that I use in my bathroom....now you've inspired me to photograph the process!

lemaclean January 20, 2010 at 6:41 PM  

Wow, this is beautiful! I was trying to picture what would happen with it when you gave a preview earlier. Regarding taking the pulls off, you could try a cutting wheel on a Dremel tool (I have never done this myself, this is just how I would picture myself doing it) Great work so far, and good luck with the pulls.

Lili January 21, 2010 at 7:40 AM  


I almost had a Craig's list coffee table to "get my project on" with, but then someone STOLE it (the table) out from under me! Grrrr! Alas... that coffee table wasn't mine... There must be another one out there somewhere just waiting on me! =)

Anonymous,  October 27, 2010 at 11:25 AM  

I have 2 little nightstand tables with flowers too, I got them at Homegood, with the same style, so pretty (minus the flowers eek!)
What kind (brand) of primer did you use oil or water based? What finish did you use for your table?


Post a Comment

  © Blogger template Simple n' Sweet by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP