Living Room Additions

>> Tuesday, January 12, 2010

Over the holiday week I made a few new pillows for our sofa. I used a couple of my favorite Amy Butler fabrics. I also braved IKEA this past Saturday {crazy} to pick up the floor lamp I've had my eye on. We have no overhead lighting in our living room and no room for end tables next to our sofa, so the arm on this guy makes it the perfect solution. I replaced the plastic shade with a linen drum shade I found for $9.00 at Target.


And I finally committed to hanging some frames.

I am almost done with my living room, almost. I'll post full room shots soon, then we can move again, right?

Once upon a time {this past summer} a sweet lady emailed me about sending her photographs of my apartment for the Globe. I told her it was really not in great shape and I would work hard and get back to her in two weeks. Fast forward 4 months, READY now. But I cannot find your email address. Are you out there?


I also made two completely unrelated purchases.
How cute are these shoes!? I want to wear them everywhere. Forever 21. Go get some, guaranteed to make you feel pretty. I will note that Saturday night Mr. Sabbe had to piggy back me home from a dinner party, but I am kind of a whimp.
Carlee, I think you need this pair. Chris will carry you home.

I also bought the pretty little number to the right on Craig's List for $20. She's getting a paint job and will be making her blog debut shortly. Stay tuned.

15 comments:

Emily January 13, 2010 at 12:32 AM  

It's looking great!!! I can't believe you braved IKEA on the weekend. You're a brave soul, but that lamp was worth it!!

emma wallace January 13, 2010 at 12:40 AM  

Ah, I love those flowers on the wall. I shall have to search through your blog and find (hopefully!) the tutorial.

iamemmamusic.blogspot.com

annelise January 13, 2010 at 4:56 AM  

fantastic lamps! your apartment looks amazing!

Emily January 13, 2010 at 7:46 AM  

Looks GREAT Stephanie...can't wait to see what you do with the new purchase and those shoes...amazing!

Blueprint Bliss January 13, 2010 at 7:51 AM  

Love the living room. Pillows, frames, lamp--- all looks great.

Shoes--- so fun!

I cannot wait to see the painted piece of furniture... love b&a's.

Deliciously Organized January 13, 2010 at 8:09 AM  

I can't wait to see what color you're going to paint that beauty. Great pick up! The house is looking amazing!!!!

As for sparkles, gorgeous shoes. I bet you looked hot in them! I've worn too many high, uncomfortable shoes in my past, chris has retired from carry duty at this point. I think you should have a talk with him.

Also, we would LOVE LOVE LOVE for curtains. No pressure though.

Lauren January 13, 2010 at 8:31 AM  

S-
I LOVE your style! I cannot wait to see more of your room! ;)

P.S. I would KILL to have an Ikea close to me!

Susan Bang January 13, 2010 at 3:13 PM  

I Love the pillows!! And your living looks beautiful!!

Featherglen January 13, 2010 at 3:58 PM  

Just to let you know I made some welly warmers - oh such a timely tute! They turned out very well, and I used a felted jumper for the cuff for a little extra cosiness. Thank you!

Hänni January 13, 2010 at 3:59 PM  

Those shoes are just fabulous and that chest? what a looker! Can't wait to see the revamp.

LindsB January 13, 2010 at 4:11 PM  

umm, hello hottie!! I just LOVE your family room and like I said before its even better in person!!!!

I cant wait to see it again!

Jaime January 13, 2010 at 4:26 PM  

Love the pillows and my jaw is dropped due to the brand of those shoes... F21!? wow. Must check them out ASAP :)

Rebecca January 14, 2010 at 3:36 AM  

It's all so beautiful -- you have such a lovely apartment! I like how on the back of the cushions there's a different fabric so you can flip them round to get a whole new look! It took me ages to commit to hanging frames as I was scared about making holes then changing my mind. Well, 6 months later I have changed my mind lol. Gorgeous shoes, and the chest of drawers was such a bargain! Can't wait to see what you do with it.

Jen of Made By Girl January 14, 2010 at 10:40 PM  

I love it...OH your chevron wall is sooo pretty, neat idea!

Jen Ramos
'Cards & Prints You'll Love...'
>www.madebygirl.com
>madebygirl.blogspot.com

Lili January 21, 2010 at 7:46 AM  

Completely love the shoes and the room too!

Post a Comment

  © Blogger template Simple n' Sweet by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP