Etsy! I Finally Did It!

>> Thursday, August 27, 2009

This week has been eventful!

I FINALLY started an Etsy shop. Visit my Grand Opening. I haven't listed the big idea I talked about a month ago...still too hot. It will be there soon, so come back. I started with something I know I know how to make (which is probably a good idea when trying to sell something) BAGS! I think Tennessee people are still my biggest blog readers, so this first edition is for you. Get it while it's hot!

And...drum roll please... I got a job! It's really an "in the meantime/until the architectural world gets out of the hole" job, but I am SO pumped about it. It's at a cute little bakery down the street from my apartment. And the best part is, they know I'll eventually go back to Corporate America, and are cool with it. Other jobs I've interviewed for want me to say oh, no, I'll never go back to that world. Bleeeh, who needs a 401K and profit shares. I totally will go back, but I'm excited about this little sabbatical. It allows me to still teach my sewing classes, work on my Etsy shop, take free dance classes, and persue other fun things I couldn't, while working for the man.

More to come in the Etsy department! Stay tuned.

UPDATE: someone just bought the bag, so I'm back to zero items in the Etsy store. I promise to get it stocked up asap. come back, come back.....


LindsB August 27, 2009 at 3:32 PM  

wooohoooo! Can you hear me screaming from accross the city! Love the etsy store, love that you have a new job, LOVE that you are teaching sewing classes and...I forgot what else I was going to say!

But yeah congrats on such awesome news!!!!

Rachel August 27, 2009 at 3:36 PM  

YAY for you!! How awesome. I think it's refreshing for everyone to take a break from the corporate world!!

Blueprint Bliss August 27, 2009 at 9:59 PM  

1. Bag is FABULOUS. Do you hear me?I may need one. Although I am unemployed and I'm not supposed to spend any money.
2. Congrats on the job. And as much as you want a commercial design job- I'm more exited about the bakery one! A sabbatical is the way to go. I'm LOVING it.
3. Can't wait for you to add more to your Etsy shop. I esp can't wait for the big reveal!!
4. Wish I could come to your sewing classes. I need some help.

quarterlifestyle August 27, 2009 at 10:28 PM  

nice! will you be teaching us how to make this in your sewing class?

Emily August 27, 2009 at 10:31 PM  

I LOVE it! Now you have to make more so I can buy one or I have to take your sewing class so I can learn. Congrats on the job as well. I heart bakeries so if it's one of my favorites, I'll look for you!

Lili August 28, 2009 at 6:45 AM  

Oh Yay! On all of your news YAY!!!

I REALLY love that bag! Can't wait to see what you come up with next. I am sort of hoping for something I could use to spice up my work uniform. Maybe just big enough to put a 8 1/2 x 11 spiral notebook, keys and pins in. Oh and one or two pockets. Not that I'm making requests or anything... He he!!

Kristin August 29, 2009 at 7:14 PM  

Yay for a job! Hope your etsy store is a success!

Haven and Home August 31, 2009 at 12:20 PM  

Fun! I would LOVE to work in a bakery for a little while.

cstinnette September 4, 2009 at 8:30 PM  

LOVE the bag!! I need some orange for UT games--how fast can I get one?? How do I order--I have ordered from ETSY before..

Post a Comment

  © Blogger template Simple n' Sweet by 2009

Back to TOP