>> Thursday, August 27, 2009

I just joined a book club in Boston. Has anyone read this? Please tell me it gets moving a little faster past page 30? Wait!...maybe it's better if you don't tell me.

UPDATE: I finished the book and I really liked it. It's a slow read, but it's narrated by an old man. So that makes sense. If you are a Christian you will LOVE this book. I strive to be more like John Ames (the main character) in my own life. He always ran to the Lord (instead of away from Him) when life got hard. Submission to a plan greater than mine is not always my strong point.


rebecca.d.winnett August 27, 2009 at 2:03 PM  

I've happened upon your blog, and loved loved loved Gilead. you have to imagine it less as a book and more as if John Ames were your grandfather who was just talking to you stream of conscience style. Its beautiful, and not a quick read in the same way as a thriller would be, but i read it over a long weekend, its a great book to escape into, her prose is beautiful and her use of metaphors is unmatched in most best sellers today.. I hope you begin to enjoy Gilead soon!

Emily August 27, 2009 at 2:18 PM  

I have not but where did you join a bookclub? I tried one with my friends and we only made it through 4 months! Let me know if this picks up and I'll try this book.

Lili August 28, 2009 at 7:29 AM  

Never read this one, but according to "rebecca.d.winnett" it sounds like it's worth reading.

Post a Comment

  © Blogger template Simple n' Sweet by 2009

Back to TOP