Topsfield Fair {America's Oldest Agricultural Fair}

>> Monday, October 10, 2011

This past Saturday we took a drive to Topsfield, MA to go to the fair. 
 Remi was not impressed with Lil Sebastian. Probably because he's not from Pawnee.
Check out this jumbo pumpkin, I love the expression I caught on that guy's face.
And bless this one's heart. I get exhausted sometimes just feeding one little piggy. 
No wonder she doesn't care that there are flies on her butt. 
 Speaking of piggies. I come to fairs for pretty much one thing...
I'm also a big fan of the rides. Mr. Sabbe, not so much. As a former engineer, he thinks too much about it.
Not me, I woke up Saturday and announced, "I want to go upside down today."
 Mr. Sabbe prefers to focus his energies on more manly pursuits.
I love fairs.


pve design October 11, 2011 at 2:10 AM  

Although I have no recollection, as a wee young girl, my Mom almost lost me there....I think I was hanging out drawing the animals. I still cannot imagine going with 7 children anywhere. My Mom still amazes me with all she did for us....Fairs, Amusement Parks, Museums, Trips....
Remi will thank-you in years to come!

annie October 11, 2011 at 10:59 AM  

What great photos! The May Fair in New Canaan, CT held the first Saturday in May was always the social event of the season...according to any kid in the town of New Canaan. Such wonderful memories this brings back! ---Then we moved to Southern California where I noticed a pumpkin patch/amusement park the other day set up in the parking lot of a mall, what were we thinking?

Jaime @ La vie...J'aime October 11, 2011 at 1:45 PM  

I've never been! looks like you had fun. I cannot get over that pumpkin!

Kimberly Moore October 11, 2011 at 2:47 PM  

YES! Thank you for the Parks & Rec reference! :) Looks like a fun time.

Marianne {Style For Living} October 11, 2011 at 4:56 PM  

Looks like you had so much fun. I can't get over those darling little piglets!

Kaper Design October 11, 2011 at 9:04 PM  

I seriously love everything about this post! Looks like an absolute blast.

Haus and Home October 12, 2011 at 7:36 AM  

Great pictures especially capturing the lights at night! The little piglets were so cute!

Beth Bryson October 13, 2011 at 7:06 PM  

So awesome Stephanie! This fair looks like it was a blast!!!! Love it!

Rachael December 15, 2011 at 9:12 PM  

oh I'm so glad you posted this. I've been missing the Michigan summer fairs, and I've heard of this one but we've never bothered. It looks like fairs are the same across the country!

Doug Saric November 27, 2012 at 3:43 PM  

YES! Thank you for the Parks & Rec reference! :) Looks like a fun time.

Post a Comment

  © Blogger template Simple n' Sweet by 2009

Back to TOP