The Nursery {DIY animal drapes}

>> Tuesday, March 15, 2011

Things are coming along nicely in the little guy's nursery. We had the good fortune of having my brother and sister-in-law in for a short visit this weekend. My sister-in-law is the queen of crafty, so I put her to work drawing a huge giraffe template for the drapery idea I mentioned last week.

For the template, we used an extra wide roll of architectural trace paper, which I pretty much always have lying around my office. I chalked around him, which was really unecessary. A good pinning job would have worked just fine. And then I cut him out. Thank goodness this apartment has an extra long hallway.
From there I ironed him on top of the curtain panel and pinned like crazy.
I did the same for the monkey aaaaaaand ta-da...
I still need to tweak how the curtain folds are making the animals look. I think the giraffe kind of looks like it has a camel head in this photo. And the monkey is definitely lost in a weird fold in this shot. But all in all, I really like the way it turned out.

I am in the process this week of getting client work to good spot for me to take some time off. These are the days where a corporate job, with multiple team members to hand stuff off to, and a paid maternity leave, sure do sound nice. But I have loved working on my own and I am so fortunate to have awesome clients who have all basically told me they can wait, including my clients at Harvard, isn't that amazing? I hope to get some photography of the corporate work I have been doing over there very soon. Corporate interior design is my first love.

Post a Comment

  © Blogger template Simple n' Sweet by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP