The Nursery {DIY animal drapes}

>> Tuesday, March 15, 2011

Things are coming along nicely in the little guy's nursery. We had the good fortune of having my brother and sister-in-law in for a short visit this weekend. My sister-in-law is the queen of crafty, so I put her to work drawing a huge giraffe template for the drapery idea I mentioned last week.

For the template, we used an extra wide roll of architectural trace paper, which I pretty much always have lying around my office. I chalked around him, which was really unecessary. A good pinning job would have worked just fine. And then I cut him out. Thank goodness this apartment has an extra long hallway.
From there I ironed him on top of the curtain panel and pinned like crazy.
I did the same for the monkey aaaaaaand ta-da...
I still need to tweak how the curtain folds are making the animals look. I think the giraffe kind of looks like it has a camel head in this photo. And the monkey is definitely lost in a weird fold in this shot. But all in all, I really like the way it turned out.

I am in the process this week of getting client work to good spot for me to take some time off. These are the days where a corporate job, with multiple team members to hand stuff off to, and a paid maternity leave, sure do sound nice. But I have loved working on my own and I am so fortunate to have awesome clients who have all basically told me they can wait, including my clients at Harvard, isn't that amazing? I hope to get some photography of the corporate work I have been doing over there very soon. Corporate interior design is my first love.

14 comments:

abode love March 15, 2011 at 11:55 AM  

GET OUTTA TOWN! These look great lady! What a fantastic DIY!

abodelove.blogspot.com

Stephanie March 15, 2011 at 12:00 PM  

You are amazing. Loving all the details in baby Sabbe's space.

Sarah Howe March 15, 2011 at 12:40 PM  

Cute!!! I am loving these little ideas... I am a new aunt, with a 3 month old nephew... I need to know how to spoil creatively!

oaxacaborn March 15, 2011 at 1:00 PM  

this is SO clever. i love it. plus, i'm a sucker for orange.

Stephanie March 15, 2011 at 2:02 PM  

Loooove it! What an awesome idea!

LindsB March 15, 2011 at 2:13 PM  

I'm in LOVE- you MUST keep these and when Remi is too big for a nursery and I am thinking about having kids I'm totally "borrowing" these from you- love love love them!

Lili March 15, 2011 at 2:26 PM  

They look great! And is that rick rack on a lamp shade I see in the corner! Ha ha SOOOOO cute!

Annelise,  March 15, 2011 at 3:02 PM  

This looks fantastic! He won't mind not having a real closet at all.

paula March 15, 2011 at 4:27 PM  

so adorable! you so rock.

Vicky @ Pearl District March 15, 2011 at 9:33 PM  

You are amazing! The curtains are absolutely gorgeous!! LOVE THEM! Great job!

Full House March 16, 2011 at 8:21 AM  

These are so great Stephanie. Love to see how everything is coming along for baby Sabbe.

Hope you are feeling well.

Dana {Southern Inspired} March 16, 2011 at 3:24 PM  

They are SO SO cute!! Such a fun look and creative idea! :)

Emily March 17, 2011 at 11:08 AM  

you are killing me with your craftiness lately! this baby has the best nursery ever. I love what you're doing and wish I were around to see the real thing!

Kirsten March 18, 2011 at 6:59 PM  

What a creative and unique idea! Baby Sabbe has a super rad room.

PS I am hosting my first giveaway - a Wrapped To Wear bracelet. If you are interested in entering, here is the link: http://www.triplemaxtons.com/2011/03/wrapped-to-wear-giveaway.html :)

Post a Comment

  © Blogger template Simple n' Sweet by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP