Nesting Mania + my stroller

>> Wednesday, March 16, 2011

True Story: I woke up at 5:30 this morning and made a bassinet sheet.

One of the baby gear purchases that I am most excited about is our stroller. Strollers are a big deal up here. I have done more research on strollers over the past nine months than I did for colleges when I was in high school. Here were my requirements...

not too big
not too heavy
tires that can go over snow
easy to fold into the car
lockable front wheel
can convert from a *bassinet to a regular, front facing stroller
can fully recline from the front facing position
can hold a car seat
good undercarriage storage

*I really, really wanted a stroller that holds a bassinet. I know I will only use it for a couple of months, but I think it's the cutest thing in the world. The Bugaboo is pretty much standard issue up here, but it didn't meet two of the requirements- it does not fold easily into the car and you cannot jog with it....and it cost $1000.

So the winner was....the Mountain Buggy Swift.
with the carry cot
The biggest thing for me was one stroller. Our apartment is waaaay too small to have multiple strollers. And in the spirit of saving space and getting the most bang for our buck, we plan to have the baby sleep in the carry cot while he is still in our bedroom. I purchased the Jolly Jumper rocking bassinet stand to hold the cot. And this morning, at 5:30 am, I woke up and decided I needed to make sheets for the cot....I think I'm in full blown nesting mode.
I made this very similarly to how Dana made her crib sheets.
I added the elastic across the middle to make sure it did not slip off.
I found the fabric at Fabric Corner earlier this week. It's 100% cotton and very soft.
I think it looks like a little picnic basket. I cannot wait to take my little man for a stroll.


lizziefitz March 16, 2011 at 10:48 AM  

LOL! the college comment. So true. Heck I've spent more time looking for fabric than I did my fabulous husband:) The bassinet sheet is perfect!

Saara {} March 16, 2011 at 10:50 AM  

looks like a GREAT choice! I have the bugaboo cameleon and a maclaren for the car/airport. while you can fold the bugaboo pretty easily for the car, I just rather leave it ready for walks since I have the other....I would however LOVE a jogger! We had a separate one and sold it and now I kick myself...I had to room for it though! Seriously, these little people needs tons o' crap! so excited for you!! btw, LOOOOVE your name...Remi is so cute, boy names are hard and I keep thinking of it for us if we have a boy. cute with my daughters name which is Rael.

Danielle Oakey Interiors March 16, 2011 at 11:21 AM  

looks like an amazing stroller and I love the sheet! Happy nesting :)

pve design March 16, 2011 at 11:41 AM  

I think all creative people have requirements which keep one excited and focused on wonderful goals. We too cannot wait to meet your little man and to see you strolling him all about teaching him wonderful things and showing him the world in style!

freesparrow March 16, 2011 at 11:50 AM  

Such a great idea- to have the baby sleep in the bassinet! I am totally with you on the jogging thing and only having ONE stroller. Not that we're having a baby anytime soon, but I am totally bookmarking this for future reference. I love that it has the bassinet stroller option when the baby is tiny- it's like a modern pram!

Emily @ GEORGE Interior Design March 16, 2011 at 12:43 PM  

you're too cute. interior designer + pregnant = crazy nesting instincts!

Jessica March 16, 2011 at 3:51 PM  

That's so smart to get such a versatile stroller. And I know that panicky 5:30 am I ready? kind of feeling :)

Amy @ Varnish March 16, 2011 at 4:03 PM  

First off, that obese eames is awesome and terrible all at the same time. Second, cool stroller, mine is so sad and worn out after 3 but who wants to buy a new one at this point. I'm so excited for you- he's ALMOST HERE!!!!!

Amy T. March 16, 2011 at 10:07 PM  

I love your stroller choice! I had a similar style (3-wheel all terrain) when I had my baby. Remi IS a cute name and as Danielle said, Happy Nesting!

Anonymous,  March 16, 2011 at 10:43 PM  

check out bumbleride strollers. I LOVE mine. I think it's pretty competitive with the bugaboos. Let me repeat: I LOVE mine. :)

Kelly March 17, 2011 at 8:30 AM  

Yay! I love it, and I agree that the bassinet was a must:)
I was the same way about a stroller. Especially when it came time for a double stroller. It is great to have something you can walk/jog with!

WendyLou March 17, 2011 at 11:15 AM  

What a cute little 'picnic basket!'

Lili March 17, 2011 at 11:59 AM  

Well done mama Sabbe! I think that's a great choice. Didn't realize how crazy important your stroller would be until we tried to navigate the T with E's stroller! It's NUTS! If we lived in Boston we'd have to rethink our stroller options.

Dina @ Honey + Fitz March 18, 2011 at 9:15 AM  

I think you'll be very happy using the bassinet piece in your room. We have a Bugaboo cameleon (that our VERY generous neighbor gave us after using it for only 4 months...uh, yes please!) + maclaren quest (which I haven't even used yet) and I got way more use out of the bugaboo bassinet than I thought I would. He slept in it in our room until about 3 months and I just 3 weeks ago made the switch over from the bassinet seat on the actual stroller (he was about 19 wks). So exciting! Love following along with you.

Genevieve March 19, 2011 at 3:14 PM  

we had the MB for number one and loved it- awesome in the snow & mean streets of boston. we graduated to the phil & ted's when we had two to keep the single width & i miss my MB every day!

Post a Comment

  © Blogger template Simple n' Sweet by 2009

Back to TOP