Nesting Mania + my stroller

>> Wednesday, March 16, 2011

True Story: I woke up at 5:30 this morning and made a bassinet sheet.

One of the baby gear purchases that I am most excited about is our stroller. Strollers are a big deal up here. I have done more research on strollers over the past nine months than I did for colleges when I was in high school. Here were my requirements...

not too big
not too heavy
tires that can go over snow
easy to fold into the car
lockable front wheel
can convert from a *bassinet to a regular, front facing stroller
can fully recline from the front facing position
can hold a car seat
good undercarriage storage
joggable

*I really, really wanted a stroller that holds a bassinet. I know I will only use it for a couple of months, but I think it's the cutest thing in the world. The Bugaboo is pretty much standard issue up here, but it didn't meet two of the requirements- it does not fold easily into the car and you cannot jog with it....and it cost $1000.

So the winner was....the Mountain Buggy Swift.
with the carry cot
The biggest thing for me was one stroller. Our apartment is waaaay too small to have multiple strollers. And in the spirit of saving space and getting the most bang for our buck, we plan to have the baby sleep in the carry cot while he is still in our bedroom. I purchased the Jolly Jumper rocking bassinet stand to hold the cot. And this morning, at 5:30 am, I woke up and decided I needed to make sheets for the cot....I think I'm in full blown nesting mode.
I made this very similarly to how Dana made her crib sheets.
I added the elastic across the middle to make sure it did not slip off.
I found the fabric at Fabric Corner earlier this week. It's 100% cotton and very soft.
I think it looks like a little picnic basket. I cannot wait to take my little man for a stroll.

Post a Comment

  © Blogger template Simple n' Sweet by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP