A Dreary Day in Harvard Square + some recent work

>> Thursday, March 31, 2011

I had a meeting today before lunch with a client in the Holyoke Center, which is right in the middle of Harvard Square. After that meeting I walked over to another client's space, in the same building, to take some scouting shots to prepare for a waaaay overdue real photo shoot. Since I had my camera in tow, I thought it would be fun to do a little photo walk around Harvard Square. It was a dreary day, it's actually snowing outside my window right now. But there is something romantic about the occasional gray day in New England.

The infamous Harvard Yard, smelled like manure today...getting ready for spring.
The statue of 3 lies. Does anyone know the 3 lies?
I know you are not supposed to actually touch John Harvard's foot. This sweet kid did not.
He was all over it.
Does anyone recognize this clothing shop?
The exterior appeared in a popular movie about counting cards. The interior is sadly not the wood clad, luxurious space the movie portrayed. See those fluorescent lights? It's so sad when movies are not real.
And here are a few quick shots of the space that I finished last fall for the Harvard Stem Cell Institute.
Keep in mind, these are not staged, no cool, blurry business people walking around, etc.
We'll liven it up with that stuff later.
If you have been to the Holyoke Center you know it is a million years old and was definitely designed from the outside in. But despite the low ceilings and crumbly laminated windows, this group was seriously the nicest, most laid back corporate client I have ever worked with and they seem to love their new space. If I've said it once, I've said it a million times, it may not be shiny for the blogesphere, but corporate design is my first love. Work in an office space that needs a new life? Moving to a new space? Call me.

p.s. Thanks for all the sweet comments in the last post. I need to get 9 months pregnant and wear spandex on the internet more often:) The shoes are from Forever 21, my source for all things maternity or sparkly.

Post a Comment

  © Blogger template Simple n' Sweet by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP