Speaking of Office Design

>> Saturday, April 2, 2011

Wouldn't it have been fun to design this one?
Amy Wells you have such a cool job.
I went on a tour last year of the new Hill Holiday space Gensler designed in the financial district here in Boston. They showed the before shots, which were from when Hill Holiday was still in the John Hancock Tower, they were 100% Mad Men. It was awesome. Awesome in a I would never want to work there, that is so old, I can't believe people smoked inside, awesome way.

We are just now jumping on the Man Men train via Netflicks. We are a little behind, but totally addicted. Which character do you think you would be if you were a living in a pre-feminist movement NYC? Good night, the way they treated women in the office back then, I wouldn't just be burning my bra, I'd be setting the entire place on fire. Crazy!


lizziefitz April 2, 2011 at 8:36 AM  

My husband and I have been watching via Netflix as well. I decided early on to just embrace the attention to detail ( the era when women looked amazing and were treated like dog doodie) . Thankfully , I can not relate to any of the characters. Fascinating to watch.

MEK April 2, 2011 at 12:19 PM  

I'm also a huge fan of Mad Men - the sets, actors and wardrobes are all just so much fun. Even though I DO call myself a feminist (which really just means I want to be treated equally and paid the same as a man in my position), it's still easy to enjoy the show - and be thankful times have changed!

Kate {domestikatedlife} April 2, 2011 at 2:10 PM  

This is the best show ever, you're going to love it!

Kimberly Moore April 3, 2011 at 11:48 PM  

Isn't it sooo addicting?! I love how much attention is paid to the sets and clothing! Totally frustrating to watch at times though - so glad times have changed.

Allison {Live Love Small} April 3, 2011 at 11:53 PM  

we just finished season 1 and totally addicted too! can't wait to see more..

Jennifer Anderson April 4, 2011 at 4:58 PM  

We are totally doing the Mad Men thing as well. Just finished Season 2 Sunday night and are completely obsessed!!

Vicki @ Piccolo Takes All April 9, 2011 at 11:26 PM  

We started watching the DVDs early last year and caught up just in time to watch season 4 live on AMC. It's so hard having to wait a whole week for the next show — the anticipation! But I have to say the commercials really break up the flow.

Oh, and don't worry, you have time to catch up. Season 5 has been delayed until 2012.

Post a Comment

  © Blogger template Simple n' Sweet by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP