Bright Ideas

>> Thursday, March 3, 2011

I found this pendant last summer when I was working on the project in NYC. My client has a round stairway that is fully enclosed, I thought the shadows of the words on the wall would be awesome.

 I also thought someone with good handwriting could give this one a DIY try.
I have been a long time fan of the DWR Random Pendant
Several months ago I gave an unsuccessful shot at creating my own knock off version.
Jen did a much better job. See her tips here. I may give it another go.
I am aaaamazed by how simple Ashley makes this Anthro knock off look.
How fun are these DIY Warhol Pendants?
And when I read this fixture was made out of a paper lantern and coffee filters I almost died.
Amazing!!
Inspired to make something yet? I am

9 comments:

Carla@DesignintheWoods March 3, 2011 at 12:06 PM  

Nice blog! I just read your comment on My Happy Little Place. So nice to see someone else with similar thoughts.

LindsB March 3, 2011 at 12:55 PM  

love that sharpie idea, how cool!

lizziefitz March 3, 2011 at 1:04 PM  

I AM IN LOVE WITH THE FIRST IMAGE! I MIGHT HAVE TO TACKLE THE DIY VERSION FOR OUR STAIRWELL. THANKS FOR THE SUPER CREATIVE IDEA.

abode love March 3, 2011 at 1:53 PM  

I am loving all of these pendants... I am actually researching prices for lanterns to knock off that FABULOUS coffee filter pendant! I'm looking to spend around $30 at most... I know it's a challenge, but based on my research thus far I think I'll be able to pull it off! Here's hoping mine looks just as fabulous!

abodelove.blogspot.com

dulci March 3, 2011 at 9:45 PM  

such a good idea!

p.s. Check out my Nanette Lepore giveaway!

http://ladulcivida.blogspot.com/

Connie @ SogniESorrisi March 4, 2011 at 12:32 AM  

I think that word pendant would be a fun DIY idea to try.

Allison {Live Love Small} March 4, 2011 at 12:38 AM  

these are all amazing...the first is my favorite!

Nichole @ Parlour March 4, 2011 at 2:43 AM  

Awww, thanks for including my massive death star! I love all the other options too! Totally diggin' the first one, I would just have to find someone with decent handwriting to do it for me!

Katey Dutton April 12, 2011 at 2:21 PM  

oh my god - that handwriting shade! i totally just bought a shade like this ( http://www.schoolhouseelectric.com/shades-detail.asp?ShadeID=253&all=0 ) from my work and thought about patterning it with a paint pen. I love the handwriting too!

Post a Comment

  © Blogger template Simple n' Sweet by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP