The Namesake

>> Tuesday, March 1, 2011

As I mentioned in a previous post, our little guy will be named after his great-great grandfather Remi. Yesterday afternoon I received a very special package from Bryan's Grandmother Alice. She put together a book of family history which includes a great deal about Remi Sabbe, his wife Irma, and their journey to build a life and family together in the United States. It is such a special gift, I thought I would share some of my favorite pieces.


Below is Remi with Bryan's grandfather Albert. I love that he is riding a tricycle! I think I am going to enlarge this and frame it next to the art I posted yesterday.
 Remi, Irma, and little Albert.
And this is Remi and Irma, holding baby Michael, Bryan's dad. He was their first grandchild.
Remi will be the first great-grandchild on this side of Bryan's family. I'm excited to add his story to the book. Thank you Grandma Alice for all your hard work in creating this very special keepsake!

Post a Comment

  © Blogger template Simple n' Sweet by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP