Mr. Sabbe Turns 30 + Walden Pond

>> Tuesday, September 28, 2010

This past Saturday my sweet husband turned a whopping 30 years old! We had a wonderful day that started with pancakes, presents, and lots and lots of cards. Then we packed our lunch and headed to Walden Pond. It was an unseasonable warm day and Mr. Sabbe had big plans of swimming in the pond along with the other New Englanders. Unfortunately growing up in the South has made us very intolerant to 60 degree swimming water, so we opted to wade instead. We wrapped up the day with dinner at Ginger Park and a surprise party at Burton's Grill. Thanks to everyone who came out! We'll get him to work on his surprised face a little more before he hits the big 4-0.

 
Thoreau had it right, I think I could hide away for a while at Walden Pond.

8 comments:

Design Esquire September 28, 2010 at 11:44 AM  

Happy Birthday to Mr. Sabbe!! I'm glad you guys had fun. And I wouldn't have gotten into the water either. That's cold!

Rebecca September 28, 2010 at 11:56 AM  

Happy Birthday Mr. Sabbe! The lake looks gorgeous... ahh so relaxing and fresh.

Lauren September 28, 2010 at 12:03 PM  

So, that's Walden Pond....I taught/learned about it for many years, but WOW...that's it! I love the pix of you standing w/ your back to the camera...looking over the water. All of those people at Walden? Doesn't fit the "image"! And...happy birthday to young, young Mr. S.!

Dan September 28, 2010 at 1:32 PM  

I'm glad (you and) Bryan had a good birthday. Please pass along my regards to him.

By the way, (I'm just an engineer, so I may have this all wrong, but ...) wasn't it Thoreau, a contemporary of Emerson, who was at Walden Pond?

Kelly September 28, 2010 at 2:36 PM  

I hope Bryan had a great birthday! Miss you two!!!

Catherine September 28, 2010 at 2:37 PM  

HappY Birthday, mr. Sabbe! Love the pics! and, thanks for your sweet, sweet comment on Blueprint Bliss yesterday. It made my day! :)

Stephanie Sabbe September 28, 2010 at 3:59 PM  

Dan! I am a total idiot. I had the name Emerson on the brain. Yes it's Thoreau!

Emily September 29, 2010 at 11:00 PM  

Don't you love Walden Pond? We went earlier in the summer and it's fantastic! Hope Mr. Sabbe had a fabulous bday and you too! omg, can you believe we're on our way to the 30's???
Now we have to celebrate! soon!

Post a Comment

  © Blogger template Simple n' Sweet by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP