PSA To All the Kitty Mamas

>> Wednesday, September 29, 2010

First of all, I do plan on writing about design again very soon. I apologize for the mixed bag of posts I've been doing. These days I feel like I'm either doing interior design or teaching about interior design 95% of my waking hours, so writing about interior design has not been at the top of my list.

But back to my public service announcement. If you craft, keep all things string related far away from your cat. I have told you before that Zoe likes to chew on sewing thread. She's like a crack addict for it. I never let her do it (like my vet implied) but she seeks it out. This week the addict got into it while we were asleep. I woke up and found that she had knocked a spool off the shelf of my office. That morning she seemed fine. Last night she got sick and this morning worse. After visiting the vet and having x-rays taken ($$) they decided there must be string wrapped around her intestine. Zoe is currently having surgery ($$$$), full anesthesia, the whole nine yards, to get the string out of her belly. It's 100% my fault, her previous string binges have never made her sick, so I was not as vigilant about putting my crafts away as I should have been. But say a little prayer for my girl. She and her mama would appreciate it greatly. She's a very spiritual kitty.

In other news, this sailor rang in the last year of her 20's today.
I want to do a 30 before 30 list. Any good suggestions?

Post a Comment

  © Blogger template Simple n' Sweet by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP