PSA To All the Kitty Mamas

>> Wednesday, September 29, 2010

First of all, I do plan on writing about design again very soon. I apologize for the mixed bag of posts I've been doing. These days I feel like I'm either doing interior design or teaching about interior design 95% of my waking hours, so writing about interior design has not been at the top of my list.

But back to my public service announcement. If you craft, keep all things string related far away from your cat. I have told you before that Zoe likes to chew on sewing thread. She's like a crack addict for it. I never let her do it (like my vet implied) but she seeks it out. This week the addict got into it while we were asleep. I woke up and found that she had knocked a spool off the shelf of my office. That morning she seemed fine. Last night she got sick and this morning worse. After visiting the vet and having x-rays taken ($$) they decided there must be string wrapped around her intestine. Zoe is currently having surgery ($$$$), full anesthesia, the whole nine yards, to get the string out of her belly. It's 100% my fault, her previous string binges have never made her sick, so I was not as vigilant about putting my crafts away as I should have been. But say a little prayer for my girl. She and her mama would appreciate it greatly. She's a very spiritual kitty.

In other news, this sailor rang in the last year of her 20's today.
I want to do a 30 before 30 list. Any good suggestions?

13 comments:

Nichole @ Parlour September 29, 2010 at 6:51 PM  

Awww, poor baby...she'll be fine. It's amazing how resilient they are. One of my babies "crack" is plastic, so I totally understand. Hang in there kitty Mama.

Jennifer September 29, 2010 at 7:13 PM  

Get better sweet Zoe! She'll be back to her old self before you know it. My kitties (Maggie, Rory & Trixie) wish her well. Each of them have their "crack" too, especially kitten Trixie, and I am not always as vigilant as I should be either. Don't blame yourself.
I had a fabulous 80's themed birthday part to welcome my 30's earlier this year. Maybe that could be one of your 30 things? I know a lot of people that list specific places they want to visit. And a number of my friends decided to do marathons (or half marathons), triathalons, etc., and since I was already doing marathons (yes, I am crazy! and no I don't like running) I set a specific time goal to reach before 30. But just finishing one of those is perfect.

Courtney September 29, 2010 at 8:34 PM  

That poor sweet cat! That happened to my future-sister-in-law's cat and they too ran up $$$ in vet bills. My one cat is addicted to chewing plastic. Only one of them is interested in string!

Lauren September 29, 2010 at 8:52 PM  

First of all...poor Z! I'll be thinking of that sweet kitty!

And...Happy Birthday! I promise....your 30's are great...you will forget how old you are after 30. Hubs and I always have to count back..yes, we are 36...but obviously are starting to sound 70! Ha!

Rebecca September 30, 2010 at 2:35 AM  

Poor baby Zoe. Cats get into everything (Remember Honey's lily incident? She's also been at the vet for a blocked intestine due to a fur ball...) it's impossible to protect them from everything.. that's why they have nine lives. But she is at the vet now, which is the best possible thing for her. Sending lots of purrs to Zoe.

PS. Happy birthday!

Design Esquire September 30, 2010 at 8:20 AM  

Oh no! I hope the surgery goes well.

Happy (belated) Birthday to you! I hope you guys do something fun. Mine is on Saturday (but I'm a bit older!). It's a good time of the year to be born.

Janell @ Isabella and Max September 30, 2010 at 8:43 AM  

Hope your cat is better soon...and approaching 30, how fabulous is that?! What a great idea to make a list of 30 things to do, I need to do that as well, but my list will be longer! :)
Janell

Anna Liesemeyer September 30, 2010 at 9:02 AM  

ohh poor kitty and mommy!
I hope it is an easy operation and all goes well!
That is scary:( I have to check my one year old's mouth all the time because he likes to sneak in my craft room and chew on buttons! ahh!

paula September 30, 2010 at 9:48 AM  

oh no. your poor kitty. Let us know how she does.

LindsB September 30, 2010 at 11:01 AM  

Saying a prayer for your little baby- poor thing, I hope she is back to normal soon!!!

And we need to go out ASAP to celebrate your birthday!!

Trish September 30, 2010 at 3:07 PM  

I'm sending some good vibes your way - I'm sure kitty will be fine. Good reminder! My cat eats pencils. Go figure

Happy Birthday! I started the first day of my (gulp) 40s today. Having my 30s behind me, I would say you should add lots of travel to your list! Africa!

Lili September 30, 2010 at 3:21 PM  

Oh no! Sweet Zoe! Hope all went well. Does Mr. Sabbe get a discount! ;) Ha ha just kidding...

Happy birthday girl!

Post a Comment

  © Blogger template Simple n' Sweet by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP