Some Friday Pretties

>> Friday, August 6, 2010

It's Friday! And it seems like it's going to be another nice weekend here in Beantown. It has been a busy, busy work week. I have a couple of random pretty things I wanted to share with you. Nothing better to start the weekend than looking at pretty things.

First up, my sweet friend Sarah had a baby boy a couple of months ago. His name is Elias, love that name. Sarah posted some photos of his nursery on her blog and I spotted this amazing quilt and immediately emailed her to requested an up close photo. Is it not gorgeous!? Wouldn't it be neat to ask all of your extended family to send you an article of clothing to make a baby quilt? Wouldn't it be even more neat if I had the patience to even attempt a quilt this complicated!

Speaking of patience, my high school friend, Jill, has started a little sugar cookie business out of her home near Seattle. I have tried my hand at this craft, and I will tell you, it is not easy. Jill has absolutely mastered the fine art of sugar cookie decorating. Every time she posts pictures, they get better and better.  Lucky for us, she is now selling her creations. Here are a few. They would make awesome party favors. Visit her website.
A lastly, Hannah! Hannah's family has been friends with my family as long as I can remember and she has been singing even longer. When she was a little girl I was standing in line at the Wave Pool with her and she walked up to a complete stranger (obviously hungry) and told him if he would give her a french fry she would sing for him. Fifteen years later, Hannah is a very talented musician who both writes and sings her own music. Here is one of my favorites (not sure why the video and audio are off from one another)

When Hannah is famous I am going to make sure to tell everyone she was a junior bridesmaid in my wedding.

Have a great weekend!

Post a Comment

  © Blogger template Simple n' Sweet by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP