Some Friday Pretties

>> Friday, August 6, 2010

It's Friday! And it seems like it's going to be another nice weekend here in Beantown. It has been a busy, busy work week. I have a couple of random pretty things I wanted to share with you. Nothing better to start the weekend than looking at pretty things.

First up, my sweet friend Sarah had a baby boy a couple of months ago. His name is Elias, love that name. Sarah posted some photos of his nursery on her blog and I spotted this amazing quilt and immediately emailed her to requested an up close photo. Is it not gorgeous!? Wouldn't it be neat to ask all of your extended family to send you an article of clothing to make a baby quilt? Wouldn't it be even more neat if I had the patience to even attempt a quilt this complicated!

Speaking of patience, my high school friend, Jill, has started a little sugar cookie business out of her home near Seattle. I have tried my hand at this craft, and I will tell you, it is not easy. Jill has absolutely mastered the fine art of sugar cookie decorating. Every time she posts pictures, they get better and better.  Lucky for us, she is now selling her creations. Here are a few. They would make awesome party favors. Visit her website.
A lastly, Hannah! Hannah's family has been friends with my family as long as I can remember and she has been singing even longer. When she was a little girl I was standing in line at the Wave Pool with her and she walked up to a complete stranger (obviously hungry) and told him if he would give her a french fry she would sing for him. Fifteen years later, Hannah is a very talented musician who both writes and sings her own music. Here is one of my favorites (not sure why the video and audio are off from one another)

When Hannah is famous I am going to make sure to tell everyone she was a junior bridesmaid in my wedding.

Have a great weekend!

11 comments:

Jaime @ La vie...J'aime August 6, 2010 at 4:23 PM  

those cookies are SO cute. I just love the Texas ones!

Happy weekend :)

Erin Jackson August 6, 2010 at 4:50 PM  

love the cookies!!! and my mom has one of the cathedral window quilts and they are gorgeous! very intensive work!

Lili August 6, 2010 at 6:07 PM  
This comment has been removed by the author.
Lili August 6, 2010 at 6:07 PM  

It doesn't mater how long I am away from your blog, it always makes me smile.

I LOVE LOVE LOVE the monkey cookies (it's our little bits nick name). I hope she sends them. I'm about to go check. Have a GREAT weekend!

Sara W August 6, 2010 at 7:34 PM  

the sugar cookies are awesome.

daisymay aka Chantele August 6, 2010 at 10:59 PM  

Those cookies are amazing and your friend has a great voice! Plus its a really nice song! Daisy Dayz Home

Emily August 6, 2010 at 11:01 PM  

Okay. this is awesome and you have awesome friends Stephanie. First off, those cookies look amazing. That quilt, it's awesome. Finally, your friends voice. Amazing. It's my dream to be a singer so I can make it to broadway and win a Tony Award. ahhh...someday!

Lauren August 8, 2010 at 7:53 AM  

Ive tried my hand at cookie decorating...WOW...it's sooo hard! I only dream that mine looked like these! YUM!

Brooke @ Blueprint Bliss August 8, 2010 at 2:07 PM  

1. Love the quilt.
2. Those cookies are perfect looking.
3. Loved Hannah's song!

Liz Owen August 9, 2010 at 11:05 AM  

Just saw pics of your curtains in the archives... so fun! But really, isn't that fabric begging to be curtains? :) I have to say, yours are much better than my stitch-witchery-curtain-clipped version. :)

CourtneyMc September 22, 2010 at 1:42 PM  

I'm just going back through your archives--as a fellow Christian, Tennessean (we live just Southeast of Nashville) and red head, I think we might be good friends in real life.

Then I read this post and went to see the cute nursery--I think I know your friend, Sarah, from high school in Murfreesboro, so I'm wondering....do I know you, too? :-)

Post a Comment

  © Blogger template Simple n' Sweet by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP