More is More

>> Monday, August 9, 2010

I like pattern and I like this image above (anyone know where I got it?) This pretty room, with it's small scale, patterned drapery, helped me convince my client that a busy patten used in great quantity doesn't always read as super busy. Agree?Now keep your fingers crossed that will apply to our project because draperies are in production.

In other random news, I have accepted an offer to teach 3 design studios at the Boston Architectural College this Fall. I am so thrilled to be immersed in academia, where everything is possible. I like to keep a busy schedule, but this Fall may end up being the busiest ever. Can't wait!


Kelly August 9, 2010 at 11:11 AM  

i found that image at Dsign Sponge Online

if you entre the link of the photo into, it brought that up =o)

Kate August 9, 2010 at 11:21 AM  

Love that room, those curtains make such a big impact!

Congrats on the teaching gig -- I've looked into taking classes there before, maybe I should finally sign up :)

Brooke @ Blueprint Bliss August 9, 2010 at 11:38 AM  

I've always wanted to teach ID on a collegiate level. So excited for you.

LindsB August 9, 2010 at 12:47 PM  

I wish you were my teacher at the BAC, sad face

Saara @ GEORGE Interior Design August 9, 2010 at 1:17 PM  

That sounds so exciting! What studios are you teaching?? I'm so happy that I've got a Masters of ID so I can teach at a University if I feel up to it at some point! Teaching is such a great way to stay really involved!

Trish August 9, 2010 at 1:45 PM  

I think that fabric on the window treatments is wonderful! Of course, you're talking to a girl who has five different prints in her living room. It looks good, it really does.......

jeanine August 9, 2010 at 7:46 PM  

I know you aren't teaching my Revit class......

Emily August 10, 2010 at 8:03 AM  

LOVE those curtains! And Congrats (again). You are going to be GREAT! only wish I was there to learn from you :)

Dayka (Life +Style) August 10, 2010 at 10:27 AM  

Congrats on your new gig! With your talent and eye for design, I'm sure you'l make an amazing instructor! Please share deets once you start. :)

and i so agree about the drapes--i love me some patterned drapery.

Amy @ Varnish August 11, 2010 at 11:30 AM  

Congrats on your new teaching position. So exciting!

Post a Comment

  © Blogger template Simple n' Sweet by 2009

Back to TOP