This Side Stand Up and Yell for the Green and White

>> Wednesday, August 4, 2010

Anyone else go to UCA camp in high school? My high school colors were kelly green and white. And after years of having to wear a cheerleading uniform to school bi-weekly, I shunned everything kelly green from my wardrobe. After graduating from design school, I would not even acknowledge it as an acceptable interiors color, with visions of the school gym still floating in my head. Well, 11 years later, I've changed my mind. This was a very popular image from Domino magazine a couple of years ago.

And this is a sneak peak of our very slowly evolving new apartment.
Excuse the mess in the office. It very quickly became a fast and furious work space before I had time to take a pretty picture for the blog. And this is our new sofa! I forgot to blog about that as well. We scored a floor model of West Elm's Goodwin sofa for 1/2 price. We Sabbes love a good deal.

So back to green. I'm thinking I'll paint the walls in the living room something close to the magazine boxes on the office shelf. What do you think?

Another random side note. I was a middle school cheerleader as well and our school was called Bellevue Middle School, and most of the cheers contained "B.M.S". Well coincidentally I married a man with the same initials and lucky for him I still remember some of my cheers. And he is 100% mortified to see his 28 year old wife doing 8th grade cheerleading cheers. But hey, when you still got it.....

20 comments:

Design Esquire August 4, 2010 at 9:07 AM  

Flaunt it! LOVE the new couch. And I think I have the same green storage things. I love them.

Rene August 4, 2010 at 9:17 AM  

Lucky husband:) It sounds like you were destined to be together. I love kelly green and the new couch.

Lauren August 4, 2010 at 9:22 AM  

Love your new couch! I tend to go with more neutral colors on my walls, BUT...I painted my art room in this AmAzInG potterybarn green (benjamin moore: jalepeno pepper) and I absolutely LOVE how the color pOps out against my black floors and white trim! Go for it! Nothing better than SPICING up a great space! (And love the chevron swatch)

Kate August 4, 2010 at 9:43 AM  

I love the idea of painting it the color of the boxes -- is that also a kate spade box I see on the top shelf? I keep mine too :)

And the chevron swatch, will that be pillows? I used some black and white chevron to recover my kitchen chairs and I'm obsesess with it, can't wait to see how you use it!

Christy August 4, 2010 at 10:56 AM  

UCA all star here!! I still remember having to get up early in the am, putting in my scrunchie and running to the dining hall to not miss the spirit stick awards! Memories...

P.S. I have been eyeing the Goodwin for a while too.

Emily August 4, 2010 at 11:10 AM  

I love it. and i love that you were a cheerleader. i can totally see it. oh, and dont think you're getting away not doing a cheer next time we're together!!

Gramercy Home August 4, 2010 at 12:33 PM  

Go for it. Paint it green. Walls are the such an easy fix when and if you tire of it. Espcially go for it if you have a willing hubby. Mine cries out for neutral after all my colorful ideas through the years. I may give in soon.

tammy August 4, 2010 at 3:54 PM  

go for it. my tiny townhome is an open floorplan, so i envy those who are able to paint individual rooms in bold colors!

Amy Ogles August 4, 2010 at 4:27 PM  

You are too funny! Love the ideas and I can't believe that Mr Sabbe would be mortified! I'm sure your cheers are fabulous!

fresh365 August 4, 2010 at 4:34 PM  

I have a serious thing for kelly green, especially paired with black and white. Love your cheering story! Glad I found u ;)

Christina,  August 4, 2010 at 6:21 PM  

I have that same couch! The cushions do break in, I promise. They started out REALLY hard, but now it's so comfy. And I love the green!

Deliciously Organized August 4, 2010 at 6:31 PM  

love the sofa. love the shelves. want to come over. when?

Deliciously Organized August 4, 2010 at 6:32 PM  

fyi. i want to come there, i wasn't clear on that. invite us over.

Deliciously Organized August 4, 2010 at 6:34 PM  

ahhhhhhhhhhh the cheerleading paragraph at the end....how did i miss that?! i'm dying....

AND I agree, you got it.

LindsB August 4, 2010 at 8:31 PM  

you still got it and GO B.M.S.

PS- did you christen the couch yet?

Cyndie August 4, 2010 at 11:42 PM  

Girl you definitely still got it!! And as for the green wall, go for it! I think it will look great off that new awesome sofa! :)

Sarah :) August 5, 2010 at 7:47 AM  

LOVE THE GREEN! I little bold for me, but you can definitely pull it off. And girl, you still got it, so cheer away! HAHA! :)

Naomi@ThirteenandSouth August 5, 2010 at 9:39 AM  

the cheering is too funny!!

Love the idea of emerald green walls. It could be very chic. Especially if the rest were black in white. Do I spy and black and white chevron fabric swatch?

Rolerkite August 6, 2010 at 12:37 PM  

I'm totally jealous of your sofa score. I just went through sofa torment trying to find a decent, yet affordable couch.

Sugawaraaqol November 11, 2012 at 6:00 AM  

Love your new couch! I tend to go with more neutral colors on my walls, BUT...I painted my art room in this AmAzInG potterybarn green (benjamin moore: jalepeno pepper) and I absolutely LOVE how the color pOps out against my black floors and white trim! Go for it! Nothing better than SPICING up a great space! (And love the chevron swatch)

Post a Comment

  © Blogger template Simple n' Sweet by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP