The End of an Era

>> Monday, August 23, 2010

If you have been reading this blog for a while, you will know that I spent the good part of last Fall looking for a deer head for my living room wall. Well, right before Winter settled in I finally found one and I was SO excited. I know some people are probably way over the taxidermy fad, but I was not there yet. Last Friday I spent some time working on a collage wall in our living room before Mr. Sabbe and I went out to eat the best chinese food ever.

Hmmm, what is the random bracket hanging in the middle?
That's right, we came home to a busted deer head on the floor!! And even worse, it landed right on top of the brand new tv and there is now a huge dent in the back of it (which luckily is only the backside) But still! Can you believe that? It could have killed someone. As you can see, the wall anchor and screw are still hanging there with the mounting bracket. But the head and antlers are porcelain and when they fell off, they shattered everywhere. Bad Ebay seller and bad, bad Chinese manufacturer! (sticker on back) Lesson learned, I will no longer be hanging potentially dangerous art on my walls.

I am officially over the taxidermy trend.

Post a Comment

  © Blogger template Simple n' Sweet by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP