A Nursery for Lili

>> Thursday, January 14, 2010

My friend Lili is having a baby! If you have been visiting my blog for very long you may have noticed that for a long time, my number one supporter was my friend Lili. She and I were in a Bible study together during the med school days and she has been a very sweet friend to me through the years. I had promised Lili this summer that I would help her with her master bedroom, and I still plan on it, but first I had to get excited for her little bun in the oven and put together a gender neutral nursery. She and her husband are waiting to find out the sex. I think that is so exciting.


For those who have asked, this was just a quick Photoshop collage. I was limited by the angles the furniture was photographed in...so it's not really a real rendering per say. I usually use 3-D AutoCAD to render a true perspective {which to most design professionals is very old school}. But honestly, I end up Photoshoping them to death in the end regardless.

I was thinking of gray and white walls, with black trim for the base and then when the baby is born she can add pink or blue accents to make it go boy or girl.  And then switch it for baby #2:)
The accent colors could be a million different things, but I think muted colors like these would be nice. She could also sub the gray portion of the wall stripe out for a color if this option is too stark.

 Most everything in this rendering can be found at Target:
Rocker and ottoman
Pillow
Floor Lamp
Changing dresser  (on sale)
Curtains 
(buy one shower curtain, cut in half. fold over the edges and iron with hem tape. add clip on rings to top)
Frames
Light fixture
Crib
Shelf (paint or paper the back)
Branch vase
Bird vase
Rug
Bird decals
Congrats Lili and Jeremy! You are going to be wonderful parents.

Post a Comment

  © Blogger template Simple n' Sweet by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP