A Nursery for Lili

>> Thursday, January 14, 2010

My friend Lili is having a baby! If you have been visiting my blog for very long you may have noticed that for a long time, my number one supporter was my friend Lili. She and I were in a Bible study together during the med school days and she has been a very sweet friend to me through the years. I had promised Lili this summer that I would help her with her master bedroom, and I still plan on it, but first I had to get excited for her little bun in the oven and put together a gender neutral nursery. She and her husband are waiting to find out the sex. I think that is so exciting.

For those who have asked, this was just a quick Photoshop collage. I was limited by the angles the furniture was photographed in...so it's not really a real rendering per say. I usually use 3-D AutoCAD to render a true perspective {which to most design professionals is very old school}. But honestly, I end up Photoshoping them to death in the end regardless.

I was thinking of gray and white walls, with black trim for the base and then when the baby is born she can add pink or blue accents to make it go boy or girl.  And then switch it for baby #2:)
The accent colors could be a million different things, but I think muted colors like these would be nice. She could also sub the gray portion of the wall stripe out for a color if this option is too stark.

 Most everything in this rendering can be found at Target:
Rocker and ottoman
Floor Lamp
Changing dresser  (on sale)
(buy one shower curtain, cut in half. fold over the edges and iron with hem tape. add clip on rings to top)
Light fixture
Shelf (paint or paper the back)
Branch vase
Bird vase
Bird decals
Congrats Lili and Jeremy! You are going to be wonderful parents.


Mrs B January 14, 2010 at 11:46 PM  

what program did you use for your rendering? I'm so jealous... we're just getting started on what will become our nursery and I would have loved to do a full rendering of it instead of just floor plans and sketches. The room looks great and I'm sure the baby will love it!!!

emma wallace January 15, 2010 at 12:32 AM  

What an elegant nursery! I love the silhouettes.


LindsB January 15, 2010 at 8:51 AM  

Wow, that is just amazing!!

I cant wait to tell you that I'm getting married, will you do a rendering like this for my entire reception?

Peck Avenue January 15, 2010 at 9:46 AM  

Talk about old school, I'm still using SketchUp and hand rendering! I really like the look of Photoshop - I gotta get with the times!

Jaime January 15, 2010 at 10:54 AM  

That Photoshop collage is AMAZING- I thought it was a photo! haha. That will be the chicest nursery ever... gorgeous and great ideas!

Stephanie Sabbe January 15, 2010 at 10:58 AM  

ha! no I still sketch a ton and use SketchUp as underlays to cheat:)
Most of the architects I work with render with Viz or Revit, so I felt like I had to clarify that I was aware 3-D AutoCAD is nothing to write home about:)

Rachel January 15, 2010 at 11:00 AM  

I love gender neutral rooms! That is how my husband and I want to start with ours, then add the pops of girl or boy colors!

Rebecca January 15, 2010 at 11:54 AM  

It's so elegant! Your collage is great! I like sketchup, but when I get started on it I find it too addictive, so I try to stay away from it as much as possible. My tutors are always telling us that it's not a design tool, just a visualisation tool! If I ever have kids I'd love a chic room like this :)

Happy Girl*Lucky Fella January 15, 2010 at 12:34 PM  

I love your design! And they say black and white is very good for babies because they enjoy the contrast. Gorgeous work!

Sara W January 15, 2010 at 3:25 PM  

i love it. girl, youre so talented.

Susan Bang January 15, 2010 at 4:22 PM  

Oh My god! I love it! I wish I could afford to hire an interior designer as yourself. Glad to hear that people still go to Bible Study! I still go too!! :D I use a Canon 5D (bought it used). But it's really the lens that matters. I use a 50mm F1.2. It's the lens that alot of wedding photographers use. I used to want to be a wedding photographer and assisted my favorite photographer Punam Bean a couple times. Since then I moved to San Diego and it's been really tough trying to get into the biz so I sorta gave up. :(

Lauren January 15, 2010 at 6:33 PM  

This is so beautiful! Honestly, if I were going to have more children than I would have to steal some of your amazing ideas (shower curtains...so cool)! I cannot wait to see the finished nursery!

Lili January 17, 2010 at 11:03 AM  

OMG!!! So now all I need is for you to come here and make it happen. I don't think I could even get the lines on the walls even=0 Hehe!!! BEAUTIFUL!!!!! Oh and sorry for my delay in response. I am not such a great supporter these days and my job completely devowers my life. But alas only a few more months right!

James Lee January 19, 2010 at 11:39 AM  

I love this cozy room, soft ceiling...so pretty!

Emily January 19, 2010 at 9:28 PM  

LOVING those stripes. This baby's room looks amazing and I cannot wait to see how things come along.

Paulette January 22, 2010 at 7:41 PM  

This is such a sophisticated nursery--wow! And I love that you can add color elements into it once the little one asserts his or her personality. I also love that the scheme will let the room "grow up" as the kids grows up -- no worrying about having to scrape off fairy or cowboy wallpaper when the kid goes goth or preppy or what have you. :-)

Post a Comment

  © Blogger template Simple n' Sweet by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP