Warm Modernism

>> Thursday, January 14, 2010

Thomas O'Brien is known for creating "warm modernist" spaces. This is his home in New York, it was published in Interior Design Magazine in 2003, which means it was probably designed between 2001 and 2002. I think it's a good example that modern/mid century design can be just as timeless as traditional interiors.




 
 
The way people stage a room is always interesting to me. I'm not so sure about the unmade bed look. I think it may be trying too hard to make it look "warm". By the way, do you read Dwell? Dwell! Quit putting people in every room scene. One or two is plenty. We want to see the design of the space, not a man in his robe eating a bowl of cereal. If you've seen this month's issue, you'll know what I'm talking about. Otherwise, I love you Dwell.

Post a Comment

  © Blogger template Simple n' Sweet by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP