My Love Affair + Some Great Art

>> Friday, December 18, 2009

As I have mentioned on numerous occasions, I love the city of Chicago. I am not sure what it is, perhaps the dream of designing in a city that has produced some of the finest American architecture to date. Or maybe it's my dream of taking up improve and performing with Second City, to one day become the next Tina Fey. Either way I l-o-v-e, love it and have told Mr. Sabbe we must take up residence there at some point in our lives.

We have friends {lucky, lucky friends} who matched in Chicago for their intern year of  medical residency. They married last February, she is an ophthalmologist and he is an architect. I am really pushing the "one year" time frame, but I am finally getting around to mailing their wedding gift and I must say...I really, really what we came up with. I found Hiroshi Ariyama on Etsy and he does the most awesome Chicago screen prints. Here are a few of my favorites.


 





The one with the Blue Line is the one we got for our friends.
Ahh Chicago...we'll be together one day.

5 comments:

carlee December 18, 2009 at 10:02 AM  

What beautiful art. Great choice, you give awesome wedding gifts! Oh and I love the new profile pic!

Jaime December 18, 2009 at 12:02 PM  

Those are fun! I wish they made for Boston :)

Rebecca December 19, 2009 at 12:02 PM  

How beautiful! I love the contrasting colours in each one.

Amanda January 7, 2010 at 9:18 PM  

I live right by Alacala's, the Western store featured in the second print. This is such a great neighborhood. I want that one for my office now!

Alyssa January 23, 2010 at 2:29 PM  

Oh! I missed this post a while back, but I'm so glad that I found it now! I've been looking for more art for our breakfast nook (with our Ork Chicago poster) and have been thinking about going with a Chicago theme. You are so good at inspiring me! :)

Post a Comment

  © Blogger template Simple n' Sweet by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP