Amansara Resort

>> Thursday, December 17, 2009

In May, Mr. Sabbe will have a vacation week. We are both very much looking forward to May. In anticipation, we have been throwing out ideas about where we should go or what we should do. I was thumbing through an old Interior Design magazine last weekend and came across the Amansara Resort in Siem Reip, Cambodia. Wouldn't this be nice? I am drawn to pretty interiors like a moth to a flame.


 
 
 
Images
Now, typically our vacations revolve around an 8 hour drive to the fine state of Florida and a free weeks stay at one of our best friend's condo. But I had a world traveling friend point out to me, after her two week vacation in Thailand, that some of the Asian countries are the last places left on earth where you actually get more for the dollar. I did a little research and 1 Cambodian Riel (KHR) = 0.0002366 US Dollar (USD). I don't know how much things cost in Cambodia, but that looks like a pretty good conversion rate to me.

7 comments:

Rebecca December 17, 2009 at 8:54 AM  

Looks like a beautiful resort. I'd love to travel and visit new places.

LindsB December 17, 2009 at 10:45 AM  

Lets go May, lets go May- I hope it comes fast for you and Mr. Sabbe.

That place looks beautiful, totally a place you would love- modern and all.

Lauren December 17, 2009 at 12:04 PM  

You have a fantastic eye for style! And your last post got me thinking...I may try some word art sometime. Some. time! :)

TheCluelessCrafter December 17, 2009 at 1:08 PM  

I saw you over at CreateGirl and had to weigh in. I've been to Thailand and would definitely urge you to make your way farther than Florida! The interior of this resort is stunning (though, I could go for a pop of primary somewhere in there) so doubt you could be unhappy there. A caveat: beautiful resorts like this can often be set in front of a backdrop of poverty and aesthetically displeasing exteriors. Shouldn't dissuade you, just encourage you to enjoy that slice of heaven more.

FROM THE RIGHT BANK December 17, 2009 at 6:35 PM  

I love, love, love Siem Reap! And you can't go wrong with an Aman resort! Ever. Aside from the low cost, traveling in Asia is a joy in so many ways. I would definitely recommend it! Thanks for stopping by my blog - it's nice to meet you and find your lovely blog!

Deliciously Organized December 17, 2009 at 9:26 PM  

I think you should book it! I want to go too!

James Lee December 17, 2009 at 11:31 PM  

SOME ASIAN RESORTS ARE NOT CHEAP AT ALL...LIKE BANYAN TREE SPA& RESORTS IN THAILAND...I LIKE NATURAL COLOR WITH SUBLE TOUCH, CLEAN LINE AND SPACIOUS ROOM...
ACTUALLY I AM HANDLING SOME ASIAN RESORTS DESIGN, A BIT INTERESTING...

Post a Comment

  © Blogger template Simple n' Sweet by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP