When Surrounded By Beauty

>> Tuesday, July 16, 2013

I think Lauren wrote a post at some point about how Ikea photographs their products in spaces with lots of architectural integrity. It's true. And while that may be a bummer to half of Americans who live in homes that are very minimal in the category of architectural details (because when you bring it home it will not look like it does in the catalog, promise) it's actually something for those who live in historic cities, where even some of the scariest old apartments have 2' crown molding and marble fireplaces, to take note of. 

Lately I feel like I cannot get away from Ikea even when I try. Today is no exception. I have a client who is a little more modern than most of my clients and I was looking around on Pinterest for some inspiration on modern vanities and this popped up. 
So pretty, so Scandinavian. And guess what...
That vanity base is Ikea. You can read more about her hack here. But this space, the paneling, that tub, the pulley light fixture! No one would ever look and say "Ikea!" which is always my goal when using it and maybe Ikea's too.
Now I'm dying to pull this light fixture.

Post a Comment

  © Blogger template Simple n' Sweet by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP