DIY Striped Headboard

>> Wednesday, February 22, 2012

Remember when I used to make stuff all the time and post it on this blog? Well I occasionally still find the time to make stuff, finding time to actually post it has been more of a challenge. A while back I pinned this headboard with the intent to make one for our bedroom. Last weekend I finally made it (thank you Presidents Day).

Here are a few shots of the process.
if you are wondering, no, my pillows do not have shams...still working on that.


Cost Breakdown
Fabric- $20
Plywood- $13
Wood Screws- $2
Egg Crate mattress pad I used instead of foam (flat side out) $14
Batting- left over from chair project $0

Tools
Pneumatic staple gun and air compressor- purchased for the chair project, also came in handy for this project.
Jigsaw- bought this at home depot for $30, so far so good.

I thought about adding the piping like the one on my pinterest board...but I will probably just leave well enough alone. Total time spent on project, including the trip to Home Depot, 3 hours. And you know, I kind of love it more than the chairs that took one billion hours. Funny how that works out.


19 comments:

LindsB February 22, 2012 at 12:03 PM  

YEAH, you finally posted this! I love how it came out, so so perfect for your bedroom. And I am LOVING the stripes!

Courtney February 22, 2012 at 1:07 PM  

Looks great and so affordable!

lizziefitz February 22, 2012 at 1:18 PM  

Great job!!! Love love love stripes, forever.

Design Esquire February 22, 2012 at 2:06 PM  

Love it! The stripes are fantastic.

Lili February 22, 2012 at 3:46 PM  

This looks fantastic!!! I continue to be impressed at your ability to make things go in a streight line! =) he he he! Great pin!

Nate February 22, 2012 at 5:09 PM  

That is super sweet - what a great graphic punch!

heather (love your space) February 23, 2012 at 12:56 AM  

Love it! I made a pair of headboards in that same shape for my girls' room. Love the way the stripe plays it up (mine are solid). Nice graphic statement on that wall!

Hampton White Painted Furniture February 23, 2012 at 3:43 AM  

A very beautiful heardboard.Something which you can use if you are planning a black and white room.

Bella February 24, 2012 at 9:27 AM  

Been meaning to do this too! Ugh... I guess I'm just much lazier than you! Need to do this....

willowday March 6, 2012 at 3:20 PM  

I just found you at OHHAPPYDAY - I loved the print pillows and kid's bedrooms but stopped at the headboard. I'm about ready to do one and love yours. You are SO bold and gusty with the stripes! Fantastic! Gina at willowday

carlee {deliciously organized} March 7, 2012 at 12:45 PM  

you are so talented stephanie. i absolutely love it. love love love.

Bryanrvyd January 17, 2013 at 1:15 AM  

BEEAAAUUUTIFULLL! I love it!

Kimberly Hannon June 2, 2013 at 10:09 AM  

How did you hang it on the wall? Or did you bolt it to the bed frame?

Thanks!

CIndy Renee January 8, 2014 at 12:03 PM  

Can you give instructions for this?

Post a Comment

  © Blogger template Simple n' Sweet by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP