Art Aspirations

>> Monday, September 19, 2011

I recently purchased a huge canvas from a local art store. I am not a painter, but if I can find the time, I would really love  to take a class at the BCAE this fall, just for fun. I've always told Mr. Sabbe that one day, when we have more money for the non-essentials, I would like to start a real art collection.

Yesterday afternoon I spent a little time looking around on Etsy and came across the work of Jennifer Shears. Her landscapes are just breathtaking.

I think landscape paintings like these are so timeless, something that would always go my ever evolving decor. Jennifer was born near the Adirondack Mountains. Mr. Sabbe and I spent some time there last summer, it is very easy to see the influence on her work.

Starting at $130, these pieces are also quite a steal. I may be able to start my fine art collection sooner than later. Don't you just love Etsy?

Post a Comment

  © Blogger template Simple n' Sweet by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP