Art Aspirations

>> Monday, September 19, 2011

I recently purchased a huge canvas from a local art store. I am not a painter, but if I can find the time, I would really love  to take a class at the BCAE this fall, just for fun. I've always told Mr. Sabbe that one day, when we have more money for the non-essentials, I would like to start a real art collection.

Yesterday afternoon I spent a little time looking around on Etsy and came across the work of Jennifer Shears. Her landscapes are just breathtaking.

I think landscape paintings like these are so timeless, something that would always go my ever evolving decor. Jennifer was born near the Adirondack Mountains. Mr. Sabbe and I spent some time there last summer, it is very easy to see the influence on her work.

Starting at $130, these pieces are also quite a steal. I may be able to start my fine art collection sooner than later. Don't you just love Etsy?

4 comments:

lizziefitz September 19, 2011 at 9:57 AM  

Great find! I bought my husband a beautiful Marsh print of Etsy. It makes me happy every time I look at it.

Shelby September 19, 2011 at 10:44 AM  

These are gorgeous! And I do love etsy - although I tend to defer to the vintage side of etsy. I've even just opened my own vintage etsy shop: http://www.etsy.com/shop/honeysucklefinds?ref=si_shop

annie September 19, 2011 at 1:33 PM  

These are so beautiful and to have an original oil painting for $130...I have a friend that has a collection and I cannot remember the artist, but she and her husband bought several paintings of his when they were young and they were very reasonable. Now he's famous and his paintings go for thousands. This artist seems very talented...so someday...I do love etsy.

I have always wanted to take painting lessons and used to live 1/2 mile from The Silvermine Arts Guild in CT and never did...people would drive there from all over the tri-state area...what was I thinking?

lisaroyhandbags September 19, 2011 at 2:04 PM  

these are beautiful! definitely something you'd love forever :)

Post a Comment

  © Blogger template Simple n' Sweet by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP