Marathon Monday

>> Monday, April 18, 2011

Remi and I decided we needed to get out this morning, so after we walked Mr. Sabbe to work, we headed to the end of our street to catch a peek at the 115th Boston Marathon. We were really excited to see Ryan Hall, an American!! who out of no where was holding strong in third place with less than 3 miles to go.

We live a little further away from the finish line this year, in a more collegy part of town, so it was a lot less crowded and we got to see fun things like this...
They made me smile because it seems like yesterday I was in college, looking for any excuse dress crazy and go out with my girlfriends. Now I'm a mama! Time flies.
Do marathons make anyone else emotional? I don't think it's the post-pregnancy hormones. I was emotional last year. These people just amaze me.
Here were the mens leaders...look at the time clock! I was standing around mile 24! I believe the first place purse is double the amount of the second, not to mention only first place gets to wear the crown.
Emotional right?
Nothing like the world's greatest marathon to get you motivated to start a post-pregnancy workout plan!


Danielle Oakey Interiors April 18, 2011 at 2:22 PM  

They make me so emotional. We had our city's marathon last weekend, I almost burst into tears watching!

Martha April 18, 2011 at 2:53 PM  

yes! marathons are very emotional especially when you know what it feels like! love this post and the photos.

The Handsome Hound April 18, 2011 at 3:56 PM  

I was always emotional watching the Boston marathon when I lived there.

the runners work so hard and are so can't help but feel their strength when they run past you.

Thanks for the images...makes me miss living there soooo much.


Jessica April 18, 2011 at 3:56 PM  

How exciting that you get to see the big marathon every year! We are going on a family vacay to Boston in July, sometime soon I'll have to pick your brain about things to do :)

pve design April 18, 2011 at 4:28 PM  

I ran a 5K with my daughter last year and need to start training now that the snow has melted. Marathons are emotional and babies too. Great that you are already up and out with your little one. It is good to get back into routines, walks and schedules.
Hope you are feeling fine.

Lili April 18, 2011 at 4:51 PM  

Still one of the coolest sporting events I've ever been a part of! Love love love your town and your guys!

lizziefitz April 18, 2011 at 10:05 PM  

My dad is 63 and still runs 2 marathons a year. I wish I got that gene;0

Christina,  April 19, 2011 at 9:51 AM  

You live that close to Fenway? That makes me uber jealous... Go Sox!

Post a Comment

  © Blogger template Simple n' Sweet by 2009

Back to TOP