Sewing in the City

>> Wednesday, February 16, 2011

I spent the past two Saturdays with a super fun group of girls who joined me for the sewing class I teach at the BCAE. I could not have hand picked a more entertaining mix of personalities. The first Saturday we made aprons and the second we made bags. I was a little nervous about having 10 in the class, the most I have ever taught at one time is 6, but they made it work out perfectly.
 
Think you can't do anything with your mom's old machine!?
Wrong! This classic (and it's very talented operator) produced this awesome apron and bag.
Mimi was our #1 entertainer.
At one point in class she exclaimed "this is the best thing we ever decided to do!"
About an hour later, when she accidentally sewed her purse straps to the wrong side of her bag, it was "I hate sewing." I think we've all been there. By the end of class I think she was back in the like category, check out her awesome orange bag.
I have a beginners class coming up at the beginning of March. After that I will be taking a maternity leave for the spring session, but make sure to check back in the summer for upcoming classes.

Post a Comment

  © Blogger template Simple n' Sweet by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP