A Perfect Mix of High and Low

>> Tuesday, February 15, 2011

I love this space. It's crisp and white, but it also looks very livable. This is also a great example of how mixing classic or vintage finds with lower end pieces can have very successful results. Here is the breakdown of some of the both high and low end pieces. (Note: In a perfect world I would never promote knock off classics. I admire the designers too, too much to do so. But in the real world, I know myself and most people cannot afford to furnish their house in the real thing and we lower income design lovers need modern furniture too!)

in living room

I like the drop cord better on the one they actually used in the kitchen

I like the one in the space better than this one

Anyway, you get the idea. Good design can happen with any kind of budget.


Kate {domestikatedlife} February 15, 2011 at 10:26 AM  

I've been dreaming of one of those eames rockers for years, I should just bite the bullet and get one of the knock-offs, they're really reasonable!

PS: I might be going to NY for the weekend, but perhaps coffee meet up next weekend??

Jaime @ La vie...J'aime February 15, 2011 at 1:42 PM  

beautiful home! love the fireplace, poof (i want one!) and ikea lamp.

Kristen,  February 15, 2011 at 4:09 PM  

Thank you, thank you for the links. That apartment is gorgeous and, like you said, still so livable.

Stephanie February 16, 2011 at 12:54 PM  

I totally agree with you. This is beautiful space. I think I like it most because of how well lit & open everything is.

tammy February 16, 2011 at 3:29 PM  

much agreed -- a lovely space. and thanks for the tip on knock-off eames.

pve design February 16, 2011 at 8:04 PM  

love that space- I could move right in....

Post a Comment

  © Blogger template Simple n' Sweet by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP