Sewing Class {a maternity shirt}

>> Thursday, February 17, 2011

The first project  I completed in the advanced sewing class I am taking was the chair cushion. I finished it in 2 class sessions, out of 8 total, so I had to come up with another project on the fly. So right before class a couple of weeks ago, I grabbed a shirt of Mr. Sabbe's and decided I would give alterations a go. Here is what the shirt looked like before. I used this same shirt, but different pattern. He has a billion.

note the shoulders (hanging off of my shoulders) and the super long arms
 AFTER: We originally intended to add elastic to make it gather, but my teacher said at this point (of my pregnancy) I should probably just leave it. So I just added a belt.
The most major thing I learned was how to ease a sleeve. I am no longer scared of sleeves, darts, or minor alterations.

I think I will get a lot of use out of this for the next six weeks! Six weeks! yikes!

Post a Comment

  © Blogger template Simple n' Sweet by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP