Haiti Lately

>> Friday, February 4, 2011

My dear friend Jessica recently took a mission trip to Haiti. Jessica is an amazing photographer and every time I look through these photos I get teary eyed. It's a good reminder to me that just because the telethons have stopped and NPR is not reporting on it daily, there is still so much need in Haiti.
And despite all the need, isn't their obvious joy amazing.
I am inspired and humbled by these women and we have never even met.
Thanks for sharing Jess!

2 comments:

Jessica Lewis February 4, 2011 at 9:56 AM  

You're the best! Love the ones you chose - I love seeing which ones are everyone's favorites. Thanks, sweet friend!

reineayiti February 4, 2011 at 10:10 AM  

So I was just thinking to myself that I should send you a msg encouraging you to read Edwidge Danticat's latest book Create Dangerously: The Immigrant Artist at Work b/c I felt you'd appreciate it as a creative person with a heart for the world, and lo and behold I come to your blog to find Haiti featured today! You my friend, are full of pleasant surprises. Thank you so much for posting this. As someone who loves Haiti, studies Haiti, and is from there it blesses me to see ppl still paying attention. Jessica, the photos are beautiful may God bless you in your ministry I will certainly be keeping you in my prayers!

Post a Comment

  © Blogger template Simple n' Sweet by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP