The Nursery: Chapter 4

>> Thursday, January 27, 2011

I am working on a nursery today for a new client, which is so exciting. But it of course got me thinking about the long list of things I need to do for my own nursery. So just a quick update.

Don't you love this kitchen?
So clean and fresh, with those amazing green pendants.

I think I'm going to DIY something similar for Baby Sabbe's room.
Orange because the rug from Chapter 3 had to go back. I ordered it, it arrived, I rolled it out, and it looked like constructions workers had walked all over it. It's also been a huge hassle to return. Do not buy that rug.

But it's already been replaced with this one. Cover your ears, but I'm usually not a big animal print lover and I know I have friends and clients who are laughing at me for buying this rug, because they know my opposition, but I love it. I never said never.
And here are a couple more things I am on the hunt for.
9 more weeks! tick-tock, tick-tock, tick-tock and I just took on two new projects! exciting times.

15 comments:

Eates-A-Lot January 27, 2011 at 11:57 AM  

I cannot wait to see the finished product. I know I'll be jealous of baby Sabbe's room!

Allison {Live Love Small} January 27, 2011 at 11:57 AM  

love that kitchen and those pendants. good luck with the nursery!

Jade @ Flip Flops + Pearls Design January 27, 2011 at 1:24 PM  

It is going to turn out great!! I love everything you have chosen!

katie January 27, 2011 at 1:32 PM  

Do you have any tips for spray painting? I've sprayed a lamp using that very same spray paint before and it came out very drippy and not at all smooth. I think I may have been spraying too close?

classic • casual • home January 27, 2011 at 4:26 PM  

WHAT a fun nursery! Love it so far. It will be fun to see the baby in it!
Mary Ann

Emily January 27, 2011 at 5:13 PM  

those tiny shoes are the cutest thing i have ever seen! not sure I mentioned it but i LOVE your inspiration for the nursery and cannot WAIT for the reveal. I hope you're doing well and have that pregnant glow!! :)

Stephanie Sabbe January 27, 2011 at 7:18 PM  

katie, my best tip is hold it pretty far away and do several light coats, instead of trying to cover it all at one time. But I am TOTALLY not a professional spray painter! I'll post how it turns out.

Brooke @ Blueprint Bliss January 27, 2011 at 8:07 PM  

I can't wait to see it all come together!

LindsB January 27, 2011 at 9:29 PM  

1. the kitchen is amazing, I LOVE that look. Wish I could move in right now.

2. you already know how I feel about that rug, LOVE IT!

3. Cant WAIT to see the pendant DIY, sounds like such a fab plan.

4. I've been on the hunt for that campaign dresser for you, I'll let you know when i hit the jackpot again :)

xxoo

emitate January 28, 2011 at 7:11 AM  

I can't wait to see how it all comes together.

In 5 months my 18 mo will have a baby sister to share his room with. Your nursery updates have been such an inspiration while I try to figure out how to transition the boys only blue + green room into a more neutral space. Thank you!

Haven and Home January 30, 2011 at 5:26 PM  

I can't wait to see how this looks!!! I love the rug, his nursery is going to be so cool!

Wanderings of a Wannabe February 2, 2011 at 8:57 AM  

Have you gotten your rug yet??? I am dying to know how the quality is. I did a little post on this wonderful find today!

Post a Comment

  © Blogger template Simple n' Sweet by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP