My Girl

>> Thursday, September 30, 2010

Within 10 minutes a smooth recovery took a sudden turn for the worse and we lost our little girl this afternoon. Zoe was my best friend and Bryan and I's first child. She was my number one partner for reading, tv watching, crafting and most recently, my favorite co-worker. I cannot imagine a home without her.

Zoe Sophia Sabbe you brought us so much joy over the past 5 years. We are going to miss you terribly.










Katy September 30, 2010 at 7:48 PM  

Oh Stephanie, I'm so sorry! Don't know what I'd do if I lost (when I lose) my own Zoe. It's such an awful realization when you find your beloved pets don't live as love as we do... Hope you find a new one soon! The humane society off Chandler in the South End is the best I've found.

All the best, Katy

Lauren September 30, 2010 at 7:53 PM  

Oh....I just gasped outloud when I read this! Stephanie, I am so, so sorry about Z! Our furry babies mean so much to us. I can tell by your posts and pictures how much you loved her so.

tatum September 30, 2010 at 7:57 PM  

i'm so sorry, i'm thinking of you. i am literally about to cry. we have a precious cat too and i would die without her. i work from home and she is my little buddy. i hope that you feel better soon.

LindsB September 30, 2010 at 9:18 PM  

Stephanie I'm so so so sorry for your loss! My heart breaks for you and if there is anything I can do for you please let me know, I feel just awful and wish I could take away your pain :) xoxox

Nichole @ Parlour September 30, 2010 at 9:20 PM  

I have so been there. I am SOOOOO sorry. I have tears in my eyes right now. Our little furry kids are everything to us. There will never be another little girl like her. That just really sucks. I'm sorry.

Jenn Wade September 30, 2010 at 9:22 PM  

Oh Stephanie - I have just sobbed over this and am so sad for you and Brian. It makes me hug my Callie girl tighter and I am just so, so sorry for your loss. But be grateful that Miss Zoe brought you so much love and joy over the past 5 years. Thinking of you.

Kirsten Krason September 30, 2010 at 10:39 PM  

Oh that makes me want to cry. i am so sorry. That little kitten picture is so precious.

Leslie @ sharpstickintheeye September 30, 2010 at 10:48 PM  

I am so sorry for your loss Stephanie. Losing these family members is so difficult.

Saara @ GEORGE Interior Design September 30, 2010 at 11:43 PM  

I'm sooooo sorry to hear about Zoe! I've got tears in my eyes at the thought of it! We have a cat who we are extremely in love with too, and have actually had him in the hospital over night very sick too and know how awful it is! Thinking about you!!

Rebecca October 1, 2010 at 3:10 AM  

Stephanie, I am devastated to read this. Thinking about you.. Wish I could do something to make it less painful for you..

Marion October 1, 2010 at 3:26 AM  

Hallo Stephanie, es ist hart sein geliebtes Tier zu verlieren. Ich weiss, wie Du Dich jetzt fühlst, auch mir erging es vor 6 Jahren so, als ich meine über alles geliebte Tigger verlor.
Die Erinnerungen erfüllen einen mit Glück aber gleichzeitig auch mit Trauer über den Verlust, weil man weiss, das kein Tier, was danach ins Haus kommt, so sein wird wie sie.

Hi Stephanie, it's hard to lose his beloved pet. I know how you now feel, was also me 6 years ago so, when I lost my over all beloved Tigger.
The memories meet one with luck but also with grief over the loss because you know that no animal what then comes into the House, so will be as they.

Best regards
Marion from Germany

Pudel-design October 1, 2010 at 6:07 AM  

I`m so sorry for your lost!
I have two little kitty`s too, and i can`t imagine a live without them!
I`m sorry, hope you feel better soon.

Erin Jackson October 1, 2010 at 8:30 AM  

Oh Steph! I am so sorry! She is such a beauty and seems like a sweetie too! I know you showed her a wonderful spoiled life and she will always be greatful. Sending love and prayers your way.

Design Esquire October 1, 2010 at 8:59 AM  

Oh no! I am so, so sorry for your loss. I wish there was something I could do. I'll be sending prayers your way.

ANGIE October 1, 2010 at 10:07 AM  

Awe... I am so sorry. Love the fur babies. I know you are going to miss her. BTW, I am Kelly Thorne's cousin.

kimheuer October 1, 2010 at 10:31 AM  

Hey, friend. I'm so sorry about Zoe. Hope you and Bryan are doing OK. It's so hard to lose a sweet pet--they are family members for sure. Love to you.

carlee October 1, 2010 at 11:03 AM  

I loved seeing all your pics with Zoe. I'm so sorry. I'm here if you need someone to come over.

Jennifer October 1, 2010 at 11:33 AM  

OH no, Stephanie, I am so sorry. I'm here at work when I read your post and started crying. What a shock! I know how much you loved her. She was your buddy.

Jenn October 1, 2010 at 11:43 AM  

Stephanie - my thoughts are with sorry to hear about your kitty. :( I loved the picture collage on the website you did!!

squishe October 1, 2010 at 12:12 PM  

My heart goes out to you during this difficult time! As an owner of a 16+ yr old kitty, I too know all too well that our beloved fur babies one day must depart from our lives. Thank you for sharing photos of your Zoe and I hope you take comfort in knowing that she was truly a well loved kitty!

Susan October 1, 2010 at 12:13 PM  

I am so so sorry for your loss! Our furry friends are family and it hurts so bad to be without them. Thinking of you.

Stephanie October 1, 2010 at 12:57 PM  

Stephanie, I'm so sorry! I lost a beloved cat suddenly a couple years ago and I know how sad it is. I'll be praying for you and your husband.

The Abercrombies October 1, 2010 at 1:50 PM  

Stephanie - I am so sorry! Zoe was such a pretty little cat.

Dan October 1, 2010 at 2:37 PM  

Oh, Stephanie ... I'm so sorry. I can relate to how you must be feeling. As you might know, we lost our dog Lucy this Spring. I know how deep it can hurt. I hope you are able to grieve her loss well and eventually smile (without crying) when you think of her and all the joy she brought to your life.


Betsy October 1, 2010 at 4:33 PM  

Oh no, I'm so sorry for your loss! It looks like your kitty had so much personality and charm, and it looks like you provided her a very nice & loving life. Hope you feel better soon!

Sarah October 2, 2010 at 10:10 AM  

I'm so sorry for your loss, I too am totally devoted to my 15 yr old diabetic cat Scooter who is my blog mascot (pic on my blog); I have spent $$ on this cat I never dreamed possible...but I hope you remember the good and time will heal...poor little so sorry :(

Anonymous,  October 2, 2010 at 12:37 PM  

I'm so sorry! It would be incredibly hard for me to lose my cat, I've had him since I was 16. Cats and dogs make wonderful companions, and it must be really hard to lose yours. :(

Stephanie Sabbe October 2, 2010 at 4:23 PM  

Thanks everyone! Hug all your furry babies and give them extra treats for Zoe!! I never realized what a huge void they leave in your home once they are gone.

white nest October 2, 2010 at 6:12 PM  

Stephanie! I am SO sorry for your lost! My husband and I went through the exact same problem with our cat. We were at a craft fair in Los Angeles about a month ago and arrived home to find our cat literally dying on the bathroom rug. He, too, had gotten into my sewing was wrapped around his intestines. A very, very expensive surgery later followed by a week in the emergency vet...he's okay. But it was a huge battle for emotional roller coaster. I am so sorry to hear about this!

freesparrow October 2, 2010 at 11:07 PM  

I am SO sorry, stephanie! (I am actually tearing up reading this) I know how it is to lose the best cat companion ever. My sister had a huge fat white cat named Sammy when we were growing up and while we were both in college, he suddenly died one morning. It was literally devastating. My family mourned together the entire weekend and we STILL tell sammy stories almost everytime we're together. I know it's probably not true, but my dream is that in heaven, sammy will come running to meet me, eyes blinking cause he just woke up, as I come in the front door. I'm so sorry!!!!

freesparrow October 2, 2010 at 11:10 PM  

p.s. Sammy's pet buddy, Squeaky, lived longer than any cat we had. He just passed away at the age of 16 on April 19th this year. My parents swore they were done with cats, but in July, they brought home a rescue cat who was in the pound since (guess when) april 19th. they named her zoe, because it means life, (im sure you know that) and she got a second chance. coincidence? maybe. I think God shows us mercy even in animals.

Honeybee Ministries October 4, 2010 at 9:41 AM  

Oh Stephanie! I am so sorry. You know I am not a cat fan...but this makes me wanna cry. I know how much you loved Zoe. :( I'll be praying for you and Bryan to be comforted.

Fauxology October 7, 2010 at 6:53 PM  

So many beautiful images! We've lost a few kitties (have one that's 18 and soon to go, we fear) and the pics bring us so much joy. She was loved, you were loved in return - that is so clear to see. My condolences.

Brooke @ Blueprint Bliss October 9, 2010 at 4:00 PM  

Stephanie--- I am so sorry. I know how much a pet means to a family. Esp when it's your first 'child'. xoxo. brooke

Post a Comment

  © Blogger template Simple n' Sweet by 2009

Back to TOP