The Modern Murphy

>> Wednesday, July 7, 2010

So one of the many things that excites me about the project I am currently working on is the super modern, super awesome murphy bed we are using in the guestroom/ office. My client has a nice size apartment, but does not want to have a bed compromise space in her second bedroom for the occasional overnight guest. But she does have overnight guests. So in the beginning of the project I suggested a murphy bed. I honestly didn't think we would find anything we loved without going custom, but I was wrong. Check out the modern murphy beds I found at Resource Furniture.

There are also sofa options for tiny apartments.
This is the one we picked.
And if Mr. Sabbe and I ever have kids in the city, this one was amazing.
They are so well designed, standing less than 12" off the wall, and super easy to pull up and down. The furniture is made it Italy, so lead times are a bit long, but I think it's going to be well worth the wait.

p.s. Leslie won the random drawing for the pillow. Thanks everyone for entering and thanks CSN for hosting!


Saara @ GEORGE Interior Design July 7, 2010 at 11:40 PM  

These are A-MAZING! Thanks for sharing. I want pricing for the sofa/wall version (orange/red sofa). ;)

Design Esquire July 8, 2010 at 8:51 AM  

Those are so cool! The bunk beds look like so much fun.

Trish July 8, 2010 at 9:08 AM  

I'm loving the idea of a murphy for my son when he gets older (past the superhero phase) and we can design a room together! Well done - can't wait to see your client's room!

Deliciously Organized July 8, 2010 at 11:15 AM  

That is awesome. I can't wait to see the finished product...I'm hoping you will post it all.

Emily July 8, 2010 at 2:36 PM  

Good find! love the looks of these. I cannot wait to see your finished space with this client. it's gonna be GOOD!

LindsB July 8, 2010 at 3:18 PM  

umm, those bunk beds are amazing! I kinda want them now for the fiance and me, is that weird?

freesparrow July 10, 2010 at 5:05 PM  

These are AMAZING! I kinda want to move into a tiny apartment just so I have to get one!

Dayka (Life +Style) July 11, 2010 at 9:58 PM  

these are not the murphy beds from yesteryear! i like.

Laura Mattal July 12, 2010 at 12:05 PM  

Oh my goodness, these are amazing! My hubby and I decided this weekend that we need to get rid of the bed in the second bedroom and convert it into a full-time office for me. (Right now I work in the living room: great for me, with lots of space and excellent light; not so great for my husband who frequently comes home to paint chips and fabric samples galore.) We were thinking of just getting an Aerobed for the occasional guest, but this is WAY better! And would maybe let us keep our beloved Tempur-Pedic guest mattress rather than moving it into storage. Thank you for the excellent find!

Laura Mattal July 12, 2010 at 12:05 PM  
This comment has been removed by the author.
Laura Mattal July 12, 2010 at 12:08 PM  

Sorry--accidentally posted twice!

Vitania July 12, 2010 at 10:58 PM  

These are totally cool.. i am working on something now - i wonder if this will work - THEY are fabulous..

Post a Comment

  © Blogger template Simple n' Sweet by 2009

Back to TOP