I Have Loved You...

>> Tuesday, July 13, 2010

Well, maybe not forever. But I have loved these chairs since I strolled through Anthro a couple of months ago and test drove them all.
Unfortunately they are all out of my current budget, plus Mr. Sabbe doesn't like any of them (boys). 
But have you seen the newest IKEA armchair?
I know it does not look anything like the chairs above, but we plan to buy 2 this week and I have a seriously good Ikea Hacker job in mind. On a non-chair related note, have you seen this IKEA toddler bed?
cutest. thing. ever.

Mr. Sabbe and I had a hot date to IKEA Saturday night, Swedish meatballs included. I always give "if I were a single man with no money, this is what I would do on a date" scenarios. IKEA would be one of them. Maybe not a first date, maybe second.  


Design Esquire July 13, 2010 at 9:09 AM  

You two are the cutest couple. I can't wait to see how you hack the chairs. And that toddler bed is adorable. I need to get out to IKEA myself.

Trish July 13, 2010 at 9:57 AM  

I'm dying to see what you do with those chairs! I love your date story. I'm working hard to repaint some ebay find chairs today, I hope I can channel your DIY-goodness!

Catherine July 13, 2010 at 10:48 AM  

you crack me up :) love the chairs, too.

Emily July 13, 2010 at 12:38 PM  

I sat in that orange chair at Anthro this weekend. LOVE it. wish I could buy one too! Also, love IKEA. I can drag rob there if i mention the meatballs too!

Ashleigh July 13, 2010 at 12:48 PM  

Ok I love the chairs but the best thing about this post is that I learned we're not the only ones who don't think eating at Ikea is weird. Ikea trips are like special occasions! Our friends think we're crazy and cannot comprehend why we would actually want to eat there :)

Haven and Home July 13, 2010 at 12:50 PM  

Ha, an Ikea date I love it. Have I ever told you that Patrick and I had one of our biggest "tiffs" in Ikea. It was my first time to go, bad bad idea. Now it would be better. I can't wait to see what you do with them!!!!

LindsB July 13, 2010 at 1:29 PM  

I'll go on a second date with you to Ikea!!

tammy July 13, 2010 at 2:59 PM  

great ikea finds! but i suppose that toddler bed may be too feminine for my little boy (sigh)

Christy July 13, 2010 at 3:58 PM  

My neighbor has the astrid chair in brown (she worked at anthro) and I have to sit in it every time I visit. Heavenly...

McCabe July 15, 2010 at 6:50 AM  

stephanie, i work at anthro and we have the gray chair with embroidery in our store. sometimes i think it is there just to torture me because it is so beautiful. you have such great taste! cant wait to see what you do to the ikea chairs!

Emily S. July 16, 2010 at 1:18 PM  

Have you seen the movie (500) days of Summer? If not, rent it right now for the "Ikea moments." :)

Lili July 19, 2010 at 12:26 PM  

Ooooh we love the breakfasts!

Post a Comment

  © Blogger template Simple n' Sweet by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP