Guest Writer p3 - My Art

>> Sunday, May 2, 2010

Stephanie is officially back in the USA, she called me from Miami and had an amazing trip with many picutres to surely come soon.  I told her I would do three posts by the time she got home so the clock is ticking.

A few years ago I thought I had come up with a genius idea for art that anyone could use.  It was clever and cool [at least I thought it was], and very marketable.  I will post a sample of what I mean below:

Any guesses what this is? [keep on reading]

I had initially planned on writing about the geometry found in art.  I like clean lines, shapes, and colors in my art and architecture and I think this is just an example above.  Also I am a math geek at heart, and if I may recommend a book for all other math geeks who love the symmetry found in nature have in your collection.  Lots of interesting examples of how geometric sequences appear in nature, and how we find these sequences so aesthetically pleasing:


OK, I think I used enough space to keep you from seeing what my art above is supposed to mean.  I will now give you another hint: [Note this came AFTER I had my idea above].




Google posted this on Louis Braille's birthday back in 2006, and I think I have given the answer away.


I wanted to make a website that gave people the opportunity to type in whatever phrase they desired, translating it into this modified "braille" format and screen print it onto a T-shirt.  Unfortunately my plan never materialized.  But maybe one day.

It has been a pleasure being a guest writer on Stephanie's behalf and I am just as excited as everyone else to see what she has to write about now that she is home.

Post a Comment

  © Blogger template Simple n' Sweet by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP