When It Rains, It Pours

>> Tuesday, May 4, 2010

This is what Nashville looks like. I planned to fly here weeks ago to spend time with my mom for Mother's Day and yesterday she called to say that her street had been evacuated due to flooding. Our neighborhood has never flooded. It's not within the 100 year flood plain. This week... it flooded. The water reached 7 feet high in my mom's living room. You can see the water line on the walls around the room. Her car was facing forward in her driveway and now it's backwards. And the craziest, her across the street neighbor's back deck is in her front yard. I will have pictures to share at some point.
I spent the day moving furniture and tearing out carpet. Pray for everyone that has been effected by this storm. I thank God for His perfect timing in that I was able to be here to help AND that my childhood cat Callie made it. She showed back up around 8 o'clock this afternoon. Mr. Sabbe calls her Mother Time. We have had her since I was in the 7th grade.

And, as you may suspect, I may be a bit light on the blogging this week. But I'll be back next week! How cute was my guest blogger? The cutest. Maybe I can convince him to entertain you for another week. We'll see.

Post a Comment

  © Blogger template Simple n' Sweet by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP