Something Fun

>> Wednesday, April 14, 2010

I am zonked.
Working two jobs is making me very tired.
But I am really enjoying working with my first solo clients. I have even enjoyed the residential contractors. After working with GC's on million dollar corporate headquarters buildings, talking to a guy about framing up a new walk-in closet is easy peasy. I was going through some saved imagery tonight and found the one to the left. My clients are a young married couple. He leans modern and she more so on the traditional side. When discussing what we wanted to do in their new kitchen, she says simple and clean and he throws in but something fun on the backsplash. I think this image is pretty simple with something fun on the backsplash, what do you think?
 We also talked about looking at butcher block or other wood options for the counters. Could be interesting.

As is the case in most city dwellings, their kitchen is going to be a bit on the petite side. One of my other clients also has a very petite kitchen space, probably even smaller. And in my research to find appropriately scaled appliances I found Summit. Has anyone had any experience with them? I am pumped about this teensy tiny, but full height, stainless steel fridge I have specified for the project. Isn't it cute for an "apartment" fridge.

And good news! The Sabbes found a new apartment! We'll be leaving the South End for the Fens and we are really excited. Mr. Sabbe can walk to work and I can still walk to the mall!

11 comments:

LindsB April 14, 2010 at 10:07 PM  

AND YOU ARE CLOSER TO ME!!! YEAH for that!!

Also love that you are going to use that tiny fridge- its so cute, I love it!

Courtney and Jason G. April 14, 2010 at 11:22 PM  

went to etsy's page tonight and they have everyrhing moustache on their page.

check out this seller:
http://www.etsy.com/listing/44357230/headband-incognito-moustache-headband?ref=fp_feat_3

Laura Mattal April 15, 2010 at 8:13 AM  

Love the fridge, and so excited to hear about Summit. I have been looking for a 24" depth washer and dryer for our apartment (we have a 27" in our bathroom, but it sticks out too far to be concealed by a curtain). And they have one!

Also, congrats on the new place. I lived in the Fens for two years and it's a great central location.

Design Esquire April 15, 2010 at 8:31 AM  

I love the kitchen inspiration! And good luck with the move!

Sarah :) April 15, 2010 at 10:05 AM  

I'm so excited for you as you embark on your own. I will always love glass cabinets of course you have to have just as many closed cabinets to hide the junk! :) Have tons of fun!

paula April 15, 2010 at 2:11 PM  

I would love to be walking distance to anywhere worth while. Love the second kitchen. that tile is stunning.

Jaime @ La vie...J'aime April 15, 2010 at 4:40 PM  

Looove the South End. Congrats!

PS: Thanks for watching me on StyleBoston :)

Andrea April 16, 2010 at 12:46 AM  

Happy news! LOVE the first kitchen pic. I want it! The new apartment - awesome. Glad things are going your way. :-D

Lili May 1, 2010 at 12:41 PM  

I've gotten a lot of HGTV time under my belt on bedrest, but I don't think for a moment that that makes me a designer, but they are using these a lot in the "income property" and loft style apartments I think Very cute.

Oh and I can't wait to see what you do with your new place!

Rebecca May 14, 2010 at 12:17 PM  

Just discovered your site through decor8 - am also a fellow bostonian obsessed with design.

As per your quest for an apartment size fridge. Have you checked out Liebherr? I've got one of their mini-european skill fridges and I adore it. It's the CS1350 model. Tall and skinny and perfect.
for more:
http://www.urbansherp.com/liebherr-refrigerator

Amber Interiors January 6, 2011 at 11:52 PM  

Love these photos! I am re-modeling my kitchen now and this is great inspiration. I am new to this whole blogging things so check out my site when you can
www.amberinteriordesign.blogspot.com

Post a Comment

  © Blogger template Simple n' Sweet by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP