Breakfast at DWR

>> Thursday, April 15, 2010

A couple of weekends ago I was out and about with camera in hand and decided to swing by one of my faves. Some girls go to Tiffany's to drool over rings, I go to Design Within Reach and lust after these guys...
I have mentioned before that I am a huge fan of light fixtures that not only put off light, but create great shadows. So when I walked in and saw this, I was in love. Look at the ceiling! amazing
Still on a design high, we headed down to B&B Italia. Again, I drive a Honda and B&B is a Porsche, but a girl can dream right?

These wall sconces were ridiculously awesome. Someone needs these in their downtown loft asap.
Besides to drool, I also go into these stores to get project ideas...and sometimes craft ideas. Here are four that I think we can do. This first one might be the trickiest. Any crafsters out here know how they got the batting looking stuff so tight?
Thanks to Linds for letting me borrow her wood graining tool, my dining room table will eventually be looking something like this...
Anyone have a bunch of old cardboard boxes?
Gloss enamel spray paint and shirt boxes maybe?
Am I bad? I know people designed this stuff and I shouldn't want to craft my own version.Do you have the DIY curse? I can't help it. I see it. I love it. And then I want to figure out how to do it myself. I'm a real hands on type of designer. God bless the contractor who one day builds the Sabbe dream house.

Post a Comment

  © Blogger template Simple n' Sweet by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP