>> Monday, April 12, 2010

A few weekends ago I told you that I was going to check out a new Boston boutique that I had read about in Elle Decor. The store is called J.E.M. Well we went, and we fell in love. It's one of those stores where you need to walk slowly to soak in every detail. It's a "found things" type store. These types of stores are my favorite, and this type of design is my passion. I want every project I work on to be 100% unique. The worst thing someone can say about my work is "oh, that looks exactly like _____" I feel like clients hire Interior Designers to help them create something one of a kind, just for them. And J.E.M is one of those stores that helps us do just that.

The owner of the store is the sweetest thing ever. I think we could have sat and chatted with her all day. 
You should go check it out.
And here was my partner in crime for the day. Why is she wearing glasses? I don't know. Ask her.


Hannah April 12, 2010 at 8:21 PM  

those rope lights are AWESOME!

Jessica April 12, 2010 at 8:24 PM  

JEM! totally outrageous! (that's the first thing I thought of when I saw your post)

But yes, I agree with Hannah. Those rope lights are delightful and I want one.

Emily April 12, 2010 at 10:55 PM  

I need to get to that store. great pic of carlee! Have you been to acquire in the North End? It's one of my favorites!

Design Esquire April 13, 2010 at 8:22 AM  

The store looks awesome!

(Just like the other commenter - The store name also made me think of the cartoon JEM! It was one of my favorites growing up.)

Laura Mattal April 13, 2010 at 9:26 AM  

Hee! I also thought of Jem the cartoon. I had the doll too, complete with pink light-up earrings. She was so much cooler than Barbie!

Thanks for the post about this boutique--I will definitely have to check it out!

kendi April 13, 2010 at 11:09 AM  

ahh...I would so love to go there. Jealous of you and Carley! How cool is it that you live in a city where you can go visit the places you read about in magazines...just sayin! Here's an idea - you open a store like that and I'll manage it :) Sabbe Sparks could still happen...

LindsB April 13, 2010 at 11:42 AM  

I need to get over to that store soon- lets go again. And Carlee is a creep, thats why she is wearing glasses :) Or she is just hungover and needs to block the light from her eyes. Either way, she is beautiful, as are you my dear :) xoxox

Stephanie Sabbe April 13, 2010 at 12:03 PM  

A creep!? She is going to get you.

How have I never seen this JEM cartoon. Was I living under a rock in the 80's? If I was, She-Ra was under there with me.

carlee April 13, 2010 at 3:03 PM  

JEM is amazing and owner Jane is so sweet. I want to go back soon!

I can't believe you posted the sketchy sunglass pic...

Dayka (Life +Style) April 13, 2010 at 7:53 PM  

i'm so glad you found me, so i could come find you!!! the biggest things that caught my eye were the couch and the rope light/art installment. so many good things from these photos, it reminds me of perusing an antiques store--you really have to take your time and look at EVERYTHING!

tanks for dropping by and leaving a comment. you're on my radar now!

Hope Chella April 13, 2010 at 9:26 PM  

I love these pictures :)

Hope xx

paula April 14, 2010 at 8:16 AM  

this shop is so me! I won't even ask prices though:)

Post a Comment

  © Blogger template Simple n' Sweet by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP