Come On Skinny Love Just Last the Year

>> Thursday, April 8, 2010

A prize goes to the person that can name that song. It has been stuck in my head ever since our road trip to the Cape.




My skinny love is THIS. About three months ago Real Simple started mysteriously appearing in my mailbox. And unlike the US Weekly that I "borrow" from my neighbor before she gets home, these have actually had my name on them. I don't know where they came from but they have revolutionized the Sabbe household.  I love all the tips, they inspire me to be a better wife. But what I am REALLY loving are the recipes. They are...real simple. There are only a handful of ingredients and most of them are less than 25 minutes start to finish. Here are some of our favorites from the past couple of weeks.
First up, the easiest recipe ever.

And second, the fennel slaw on this burger was to die for and sweet potato fries are my fave.
And last, I had never tried Israeli couscous. It was delicious, a little heartier than traditional couscous. And dried apricots are pretty much my favorite dried fruit ever.

Mr. Sabbe has promised me that if the Real Simple Fairy quits visiting our house, he will make sure Real Simple continues to show up in our mailbox.

Not kidding about the song. Do you know? I am so obsessed with it.

20 comments:

Mandy April 8, 2010 at 7:49 PM  

I love this magazine! One day it just started showing up in my mailbox too...my Real Simple giver was my own husband. He kept seeing me buy them on the stand & had no objection to purchasing them for me. I was & still am...thrilled!

Jo April 8, 2010 at 8:03 PM  

totally agree about the real simple recipes...not a single one has let me down yet.
the song is skinny love by bon iver

Lauren April 8, 2010 at 8:54 PM  

REAL SIMPLE is lovely! And I was cracking up at the USWeekly confession! My SIL (neighbor)subscribes then gives to me. I've secretly taken the REALLY good ones...I swear I don't even make a crease!

Emily April 8, 2010 at 9:50 PM  

LOVE that magazine. Great recipes for when I come home and need dinner FAST! This months recipes were especially good!
Hope all is well!

McCabe April 8, 2010 at 9:58 PM  

it is the song "skinny love" by bon iver from the new moon soundtrack, which i may or may not have :)

Hello, I'm Emily Clare. April 8, 2010 at 10:33 PM  

Bon Iver!!! Skinny Love. Great song.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ssdgFoHLwnk

sarah, flourish design + style April 8, 2010 at 11:03 PM  

I've tried a few of their recipes and they are pretty easy + tasty!

You Are My Fave April 8, 2010 at 11:29 PM  

I love when awesome things mysteriously show up in my mailbox. Real Simple is one of my faves. And the lady I babysit for always saves her People and other celeb trash for me. I secretly love it.

Lil T April 9, 2010 at 12:38 AM  

You have good style and equally good taste in music. Bon Iver is great. Skinny is a wonderful and sad song. It's on For Emma, Forever Ago

Rebecca April 9, 2010 at 2:45 AM  

So funny that the magazine is just turning up out of the blue! The same thing happened to my mum years ago - she had a 6 month subscription, and never did find out who ordered it for her! I love the look of these recipes - it's often the simplest things that are the tastiest.

Thanks for letting me know about Freshly Picked :D

Lili April 9, 2010 at 7:33 AM  

Ooooh so I fell in love with Real Simple about 2 years ago from my sister and think my fav and easiest so far was the one in December this past Christmass with the COOKIES! Oh so good and "SIMPLE"!

Heather April 9, 2010 at 8:20 AM  

ooooh, i need to get that mag! those recipes look tasty delicious. if only it would mysteriously show up at my door......

paula April 9, 2010 at 8:36 AM  

these look delicious!

Design Esquire April 9, 2010 at 8:51 AM  

Real Simple may be my favorite all around magazine. I received a gift subscription 6 years ago and I can't tell you how many recipes I've torn out and use time and time again. I also love the paper they use for the magazine - it's somehow thicker, and makes for a much better reading experience.

I hope you have a great weekend!

Katy April 9, 2010 at 11:25 AM  

YUM. I think I need to pick up the latest issue.

I've got an apron giveaway on my blog right now, if you need something cute while you're doing all this fab cooking!

Happy weekend!

Iva April 9, 2010 at 2:40 PM  

I LOVE THIS!!!! looks incredible!! amazing magazine!

Jaime @ La vie...J'aime April 9, 2010 at 2:49 PM  

Love RS too...that burger sounds amazing! Enjoy your weekend :)

Andrea April 9, 2010 at 4:44 PM  

Skinny Love by Bon Iver!

When we were dirt poor, both students, newborn baby, living in the bottom of someone's house...I still paid my subscription to Real Simple. Love it because I am such an organizer and it fits right up my ally! Enjoy it in all its glory.

Kristin April 11, 2010 at 1:16 AM  

Gouda cheeseburgers??? YUM! I get Real Simple and devour every issue!

Post a Comment

  © Blogger template Simple n' Sweet by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP