New Skirt, check. Gorgeous Day, check.

>> Saturday, March 20, 2010

I cleaned my house and made my skirt last night. You should give it a try. It literally took 30 minutes.
I should have blind stitched the bottom, but that would have ruined the 30 minute part. Please excuse the fact that I don't quite have it on straight in this picture. It's hard to be your own stylist. And because I am short, I made mine a little shorter and made it sit a little lower on my waist than Susan's.
{exciting Friday night, I know} 
But I wanted to be prepared for this....
I'm headed to brunch and then going to check out a new interiors shop called J.E.M in the South End. I read about it in Elle Decor last month. If I add a lot of coffee to this equation, it could turn out to be the perfect day.


Adventures in Dressmaking March 20, 2010 at 12:01 PM  

Looks great! Way to sew! Blind hem would have been good but I didn't notice the hem stitches till I read your comment and went back up to the picture.
Love the yellow, black, and grey fabric--JoAnn's, last spring?

Rebecca March 21, 2010 at 7:25 AM  

Love the fabric! It's so cool that it only took 30 minutes. I wish I had a sewing machine and the skills. The days of not knowing what to wear would be over.. I could just whip up a skirt :)

Design Esquire March 21, 2010 at 10:08 AM  

It looks great! I love the fabric. And how about this weather? Yesterday was incredible.

Heather J March 21, 2010 at 12:21 PM  

love the skirt! looks great. hope you're doing good Stephanie.

Haven and Home March 21, 2010 at 2:04 PM  

Wish I was there to go with you. Love the skirt.

bluehydrangea March 21, 2010 at 7:34 PM  

Such a cute skirt..I am tempted to try one. Just hope it turns out half as cute as yours!!!

jeanine March 21, 2010 at 7:46 PM  

I will be expecting a full report on JEM, hopefully with pictures. I think I went but maybe I have never been, the South End stores change so much I can never remember. Of course I could just go myself.....

Love the skirt :)

Annelise March 21, 2010 at 10:31 PM  

Where did you find that fabric? It's cute!

Of course I had to leave town the weekend it hit 70 degrees in March! This gives me hope for an actual spring!

LindsB March 22, 2010 at 8:58 AM  

Such a cute skirt, and in under 30 min is amazing. I'm sorry I missed brunch with Carlee on Saturday morning- I need some girl time asap :)

Susan March 22, 2010 at 1:04 PM  

seriously, you are so adorable, i would probably run over the easter bunny for your hips and waist.

carlee March 23, 2010 at 11:55 AM  

I think I'm still high after all those cups of coffee. Your skirt is perfect. And I loved it in person more. Also, what's with this weather? I want to go back to Saturday!

Estelle March 24, 2010 at 11:50 AM  

Oh my, so cute. Congratulations. Did you also do the pockets? I so want to try pockets but I'm a nervous sewer. Maybe I'll give this tutorial a go.

Post a Comment

  © Blogger template Simple n' Sweet by 2009

Back to TOP