Writing on the Wall

>> Wednesday, January 27, 2010

Another project on my weekend to-do list was to paint this chalkboard. The frame is from IKEA. I painted the chalkboard paint directly onto the glass. I had to add some padding behind it to make it stop making a terrible noise when I wrote. The funny thing is, I painted the frame white two weeks ago because I thought it would look good around the deer head. It didn't. It  was too busy. So I re-painted it black. It's projects like these that make my husband think I'm crazy.


I also made over this dresser last year. I bought it for $20 at a thrift store in Memphis. It was originally white and had big wooden knobs (sorry, no before and after) I painted it a satin black and bought these pulls from Target. If you have never check it out, Target has some pretty cool hardware for very good prices.



And on a completely unrelated note,keep your fingers crossed for me. I may get to go to New York with a client next week to look at furniture. I love that flying into New York for a day to look at Italian furniture is common practice for Bostonian designers, who knew, so fun.

Post a Comment

  © Blogger template Simple n' Sweet by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP