Writing on the Wall

>> Wednesday, January 27, 2010

Another project on my weekend to-do list was to paint this chalkboard. The frame is from IKEA. I painted the chalkboard paint directly onto the glass. I had to add some padding behind it to make it stop making a terrible noise when I wrote. The funny thing is, I painted the frame white two weeks ago because I thought it would look good around the deer head. It didn't. It  was too busy. So I re-painted it black. It's projects like these that make my husband think I'm crazy.


I also made over this dresser last year. I bought it for $20 at a thrift store in Memphis. It was originally white and had big wooden knobs (sorry, no before and after) I painted it a satin black and bought these pulls from Target. If you have never check it out, Target has some pretty cool hardware for very good prices.



And on a completely unrelated note,keep your fingers crossed for me. I may get to go to New York with a client next week to look at furniture. I love that flying into New York for a day to look at Italian furniture is common practice for Bostonian designers, who knew, so fun.

8 comments:

Lauren January 27, 2010 at 8:07 AM  

The chalkboard looks fab! I have been wanting to try one in my kitchen, and you have inspired me to just paint over an ugly old frame! Yeah! ...and NY shopping? Double Yeah! (But I'm still drooling over the fact that Anthro. is in your backyard!)

LindsB January 27, 2010 at 8:54 AM  

Yea I am glad that putting something behind the frame worked!! I will keep my fingers crossed that you get to go to NY- how exciting!!

Rebecca January 27, 2010 at 2:30 PM  

It looks great! I suggested to my husband that we paint a wall in chalkboard paint (I was kind of kidding..) and he gasped and said he didn't like the dust from the chalk.. typical! Hope you get to go to NY - sounds fun!!

Jaime January 27, 2010 at 4:02 PM  

What a creative DIY! It looks awesome!

Deliciously Organized January 27, 2010 at 9:30 PM  

I'm glad I saw this, I was totally going to drop the paint off this week! It looks great! I'm so JEALOUS of your job!

Creategirl January 28, 2010 at 3:30 PM  

awesome fun to jet set to NYC!!! have fun!

daisymay January 28, 2010 at 11:14 PM  

So loving the chalk board! I would love one for our flat!

Jennifer @ Fog City Sparkle January 31, 2010 at 12:32 PM  

i have had two of these sitting in a closet for a while - you have inspired me to *finally* do something with them!

Post a Comment

  © Blogger template Simple n' Sweet by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP